✦ › ♡˖°꒰ last chapter◞ ̑̑

YEONJUN's POV,

"why didn't you fight for it?"

i smiled sadly, "because i knew i was already defeated."

"defeated? you were the one who made the first move, you should have fought for it!" i chuckled weakly.

"yej, in love, not everything should be fought for, there are things that we should also let go of.. even if we still love them." i added, "especially if that's going to be the reason for their happiness, we shouldn't be selfish."

she nodded, "but you know, you still have a chance, to be honest, because you were the one who came first-"

i cut her off, "yes, i came first, but he likes him more. i've been around longer and he just met him, but what can we do? we can't force him to like me more because love can't be taught."

she winced, "okay, fine, fine, fine, mr. love expert. but i still feel gross because they think i'm your girlfriend like eww! you're my cousin- well, not by blood, but still! that's disgusting, i want to puke."

i winced as well, "you're not the only one who wants to puke, yej. i also want to and i want to do it right on your face, you want that?" she glared at me and hit me hard.

"stop it, choi! you're disgusting!"

"and you're brutal, hwang!"

she rolled her eyes and sat up straight, "but let's go back to our conversation. aren't you even mad at him for not keeping the promise or agreement whatever that was between the two of you; that you'll be together until the end?"

i sighed and looked up at the sky, "honestly, no. i don't feel any anger, just pain and sadness. but i can't blame him either, it's his heart's choice to love someone else.. or maybe because i really look like a duck." i laughed at my own joke, "nevertheless, it's disappointing because everything was going well. we were just waiting for a label but soobin suddenly entered the picture."

"maybe.. because you and beomgyu aren't meant for each other?"

i shrugged, "maybe."

"but admit it, you still love him. i saw how you looked at him earlier, yeonjun." i nodded in response and she grinned, "i knew it."

"of course, yes. i love him, i love him so much."

i received another hit from her, "you're so corny! i cringe, yikes!"

i laughed, "you're just bitter because you can't relate since you haven't fallen in love yet!"

"heh! i don't want to, i don't want to be like you. you're already ugly and even uglier when in love! ewwie!"

i was stunned by what she said, how dare she!

but i let her be because i don't engage with childish thoughts like hers. i remained in my spot. yeji suddenly left, which was better because she didn't contribute anything to the world, lol.

as i admired the beauty of the sky, i couldn't help but think of our past, which was worth reliving. however, it could no longer happen again because a lot has changed.

i closed my eyes and felt the wind brush against my face, whispering, "choi beomgyu, i love you so much.."

and even if the world changes, i will always be here.

even if i'm not meant for you, my heart will never change.

i won't search for anyone else because..

my love is for you, for you until the end.

END