𝟭𝟲 - ❝𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗢𝗘𝗦 𝗗𝗔𝗬.❞

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

APPARENTLY PARIS DECIDED IT'D BE GOOD TO CELEBRATE SOMETHING CALLED 'HEROES DAY'.

you had an announcement at school earlier that day where the whole class were supposed to say something they had done that was heroic.

you, of course, could not say 'saving the world every damn day', so you had settled for working at charities, which wasn't entirely false.

but marinette had gone in over her head saying about how she'd have a taster night for everybody, that exact night. she had only said it because chloe, who had foolishly revealed her identity as another superhero, queen bee, the other week tried to one-up her.

stupid people can't stay in control of their feelings.

but currently, you were stood with sebastian, peering up at the large inflatables of the new and old heroes flying in the sky.

he had insisted you both came out to watch, so here you were.

you narrow your eyes after a moment, a faux ladybug and chat noir were fighting atop one of the floats, except ladybugs outfit was colour-swapped.

you roll your eyes at the people around instantaneously falling for the ploy that ladybug had been akumatized.

everyone had gasped horribly in fear as the fake ladybug had forced the chat noir to use his cataclysm on himself.

you facepalm,

god the acting is terrible, do people really believe that?

you turn to sebastian, who looked equally horrified.

you deadpan, "are you serious? that's obviously fake, you idiot!"

his eyes widen and he waves you off, "yeah, yeah, i knew that"

you roll your eyes, shaking your head as he breathes out in relief.

the evil ladybug cackles evilly as she picks up the fallen ring, chat noir's ashes flying away.

"i've won! hawkmoth has won! fear, people of paris! there's no one left to protect you" she declares before swinging off.

you deadpan.

you scrunch your face up at the dramatic civilians, sobbing while hanging over their cars or hugging their children like their lives depended on it.

your eyes widen slightly as you glance upwards, hundreds of glowing red butterflies soaring down.

"hey.. couldn't he only do one at a time or some shit?" you murmur.

sebastian looks up, eyes widening, "hey, what the hell?!"