2.

sorry for the slow updates, ive been having a bit of a hard time recently with everything going on but I hope you guys enjoy this chapter ❤️

It had been a day since the cartel manager had last come to see you. No food, no water. Just the taste of blood in your mouth. The pain was excruciating. It was as if your tongue was constantly being pulled apart, ripping down the middle. You couldn't clean the dry blood around your mouth, which you couldn't clean.

You didn't sleep. How could you? Your mouth was in pieces, quite literally. Augustin had sliced your tongue in half. Is that was who he was. Common thinking would lead you to believe that he was the cartel leader, and you took out all his men a few years back. He wanted revenge, and information. But what you didn't know was why he wanted to know where they were. They were dead, what else were they.

Air hung heavy around you. It was such a change from the gentle heat on the islands. The room you were in was empty, a small window at the top of the room allowing a beam of sunlight inside. You needed to get out. But how?

You stood up for the first time in ages. Your legs felt weak, but you needed out of this place. You stood in the middle of the room. You knew you were in a room, inside a building. But you didn't know what was outside the building.

To get an idea of your surroundings, you grabbed onto the sill of the tiny window, and pulled yourself up to see outside it. Squinting your eyes in the sun, you could see jungle. Fuck. You didn't need that, you needed something tactile. Something you could work from.

Suddenly, the door flew in. You let go of your grip on the window sill and turned to the door, squaring up. In came a tall guard, that looked like he was there the other day. He was wearing all black air soft, the South American military uniform.

You tried to talk, but you couldn't. Your tongue felt wrong, and limp. You simply backed off from the guard entering, when suddenly, he lifted the guard of his helmet up. "It's okay. It's just me" said Ghost, a balaclava pulled over his face. Ghost? What the fuck was he doing here? You gasped. How did he get in?

You relaxed, knowing who is was. But tears began to prickle in your eyes, a sudden rush of pain swam over your mouth. You groaned at Ghost and began to point at your mouth. His eyes brows  furrowed as he approached you, when suddenly his face dropped.

"Fucking hell y/n" Ghosts hand took your arm gently. "They split your tongue..." his thumb traced over the dry blood that had spilt onto your chin. You nodded your head. You physically couldn't speak, it was too sore.

"Cmon. Sit down. Let me help" said Ghost, helping you down.