5.

(lol hi it's been ages ik but here we are!!)

The light of the infirmary stung your eyes. You lay there for a moment, still. Then with a sudden jolt, the pain came flooding back, along with your memory's. You sat up, rubbing your head. The infirmary was empty and you were alone.

You rubbed your mouth, your bandaged tongue sore. With a sigh, you stretched your arms out. You were in a new base, it looked like it was somewhere hot. South America, maybe. The sun beamed in on your face, the gentle sound of a warm breeze coming in the large open window. It was peaceful, unlike what you had experienced just a few nights ago. You sat thinking for a moment.

Where was everyone? Had they left you behind to continue with the mission, or were they just not here. You stood up, your legs feeling weak. You looked around the military infirmary. It looked nothing like the one in Russia. The walls were painted a bright turquoise colour, the floor hard wood. It felt more homely.

You walked around a bit, and reached the door. It was unlocked. But before you opened it, someone else opened it. You were met with the waist of a tactical vest, and suddenly you were lifted up, large arms wrapping you in a hug.

"Oh mein liebste.." said the oh so familiar voice of König. You patted him on the back in response, your mouth still too sore. A wave of happiness rushed over you, leaning into his touch and smiling as your eyes felt with gentle tears.

"How are you feeling eh?" asked König, setting you down gently and putting a hand on your shoulder. You nodded your head and gave him a thumbs up. You did feel good, but your mouth still hurt like a bitch. König gave you a smile, his eyes creasing from behind his veil. "My mute" he teased, folding up his mask and kissing you gently on the forehead.

"Come on now y/n. Need to get you dressed" he said kindly, heading over to the crate at the bottom of the bed you'd be in the last few nights. He pulled out your clothes and set them down, laying them out for you. He turned back to you.

"I will go make you something to eat. I will try my best with your eh..." König gestured to your mouth, trying to be sensitive as possible. You nodded thank fully and began getting changed when he left. You left the room, heading down to the bases small kitchen.

It was quite a spacious kitchen with high ceilings and brightly coloured cabinets. It was very rustic, and the large open window was letting in the soft warm air. This was definitely your favourite base yet. König was making oatmeal in the kitchen, his eyes lighting up when he saw you. "I made you this. Not very flavoursome but it's easy" he said, smiling. He put it in front of you and looked at you concerned. You picked up the spoon.

"I- I can feed you if you need... it's no problem..." he said, a slight quiver of nerves in his voice. You smiled kindly at him and shook your head. König was very flustered and worried, and he wanted to do his best to help. You managed through the bowl of oatmeal slowly, your mouth hurting slightly but being able to eat. You felt much better when you had eaten. You smiled at König thankfully. He nodded.

König placed a glass of water out for you, smiling as he did so. You sipped it carefully, smiling at him. Suddenly, Price came bursting in. He was sweating, and a large grin covered his face. "Great to have you back Viper. Now, you got a masquerade mask?" he asked, grinning. You and König blinked at him, lost. What?

inspiration for the masquerade thing comes from mhmmhmmh ❤️❤️