Chapter 2: Ryder & Jake

Jake and Ryder sat on the bleachers, watching the football team practice. The sun shone brightly in the sky, but there was a chill in the air that seemed to reflect the somber mood that had settled over the school.

They sat in silence for a while, lost in their own thoughts. Finally, Ryder spoke up. "It's just... this whole thing has been really hard on everyone. And I feel like we need to be there for each other, you know?"

Jake nodded solemnly. "I know what you mean. It's like we're all in this together now."

Ryder looked at Jake seriously. "We need to stick together, man. We can't let this tear us apart."

Jake nodded again, his thoughts drifting to the friends they had lost and the trauma they had all experienced.

After a moment of silence, Ryder spoke up again. "Hey man," he said, his voice filled with concern. "Have you talked to Puck lately?"

Jake shook his head. "Nah. Why?"

"I don't know," Ryder said, shrugging. "Just wondering. I mean, with everything that's been going on... I feel like we should all be checking in on each other, you know?"

Jake nodded in agreement. "Yeah. I get that."

They sat in silence for a while longer, watching as the football team continued their practice. Despite the normalcy of the scene before them, they both knew that nothing would ever be the same again.