Chapter 5: Karofsky & Bieste

Karofsky walked into the gym, his footsteps echoing in the empty space. Coach Bieste was putting away equipment and looked up when she heard him come in.

"Hey," she said softly, giving him a small smile. "What brings you here?"

Karofsky shrugged helplessly. "I don't know. Just needed to talk to someone, I guess."

Coach Bieste nodded sympathetically. "I understand. It's been a tough time for everyone."

Karofsky nodded solemnly. "Yeah. It's just... I can't stop thinking about it. The shooting."

Coach Bieste walked over and put a comforting hand on his shoulder. "I know. It's scary to think about. But we're all safe and sound."

Karofsky looked at her gratefully, tears glistening in his eyes. "Yeah." He said quietly.

They stood there for a moment before Coach Bieste spoke up again, her voice gentle but firm. "It's important to talk about these things, you know? To not keep it all bottled up inside."

Karofsky nodded slowly. "I know. It's just... hard to find the words sometimes."

Coach Bieste smiled at him kindly. "That's okay. Just take your time. We're all here to listen and support each other."

Karofksy smiled back at her. "Thanks Coach." Karofsky said.

They stood there for a while longer, trying to take in their feelings about the previous day's events.