Chapter 4: New York

Santana sat on the couch in the apartment she shared with Rachel and Kurt, her gaze fixed on the wall as she lost herself in thought. She was so consumed by her worries that she didn't even hear the others enter the room.

"Hey," Rachel said softly, concern etched on her face.

Santana looked up, startled. "Oh, hey," she said, her voice barely above a whisper.

"You okay?" Kurt asked gently, his eyes filled with worry.

Santana shrugged helplessly. "I don't know," she admitted. "It's just... everything that happened yesterday. It's a lot to process."

Rachel nodded solemnly. "I know what you mean," she said.

Quinn, who was visiting from Yale, sat down next to Santana and put an arm around her. "Is there anything we can do to help?" she asked, her voice laced with concern.

Santana shook her head. "I don't know," she said, her voice breaking. "I just keep thinking about Brittany and Marley and all the others. I wish I could have been there for them." She said sniffling a bit.

Quinn hugged her tightly. "I know," she said, tears glistening in her eyes. "I keep thinking about Kitty and Brittany too. They must have been so scared."

Kurt spoke up, his voice filled with emotion. "I'm just so grateful that Blaine is okay," he said.

They sat in silence for a moment before Rachel spoke up again. ""Thankfully no one got hurt, and they're all o.k." Rachel stated. She then turned to Santana: "We're all in this together," she said firmly.

Santana looked at her gratefully. "Thanks," she said softly.

Kurt smiled at her reassuringly. "Always," he said.

Quinn joined in. "Definitely." She said with a sad smile.

They sat there for a while longer, holding each other as they tried to come to terms with the previous day's events that had shaken their world.