5 | Ocean's Apart

Satoru's outside the dorm building waiting for you to finish getting ready for your date.

You'd be lying if you said during the week you weren't curious if the two of you were still going out this weekend or not with how you so unceremoniously left his bedroom last weekend.

He did make it a point to speak with you several times over the week, usually when leaving the classes you have together.

Early Friday morning, he texted saying you should wear something comfortable with a swimsuit underneath and that he'd be around "mid afternoon" on Saturday, which is why you're just now getting ready.

It doesn't take long for you to put your hair up before throwing on a two piece swimsuit with a simple dress on over it before walking out the door.

Satoru's leaning on the passenger door of a white car with a cigarette between his fingers, it sits low to the ground, the rims shine with a light blue.

Satoru's probably the most beautiful human you've ever seen, you decide, with his snow white hair shining in the afternoon sun, razor sharp jaw feathering as he looks out into the distance waiting for you to appear. His high cheekbones are on full display with soft white skin gleaming.

When Satoru turns, he gives a mischievous smirk before tossing his cigarette to the ground and stomping on it, "hey baby, you look great."

Satoru's dressed just as casually, a soft white fitted tee with swim trunks on. They're a mixture of black, blues and purples, resembling space with several cubes that have eyes scattered around them sporadically.

"You say that every time you see me," you're rolling your eyes wishing you could see his beautiful crystalline orbs but he has them hidden behind his little round sunglasses that he wears all the time.

"I mean it every time," he replies easily before opening the door for you, letting you slip into the passenger seat of his car.

The interior is more luxurious than anticipated, all black leather seats, it smells like him and to be enveloped in his scent is causing a tingle to run down the center of your spine so you shift, closing your legs a little tighter before thanking him.

He chuckles with a never ending grin before closing the door and making his way to sit next to you, starting the car - it's completely silent.

Satoru likes to drive a little too fast, you notice on the way to wherever you're going.

You'd asked several times, only to be met with him grinning, saying it's a surprise. Your only hint being the swim outfits and a black backpack sitting in the backseat of his car.

Being with him in the car, alone in this proximity it's impossible not to smile - his presence fills the space so easily it would almost be suffocating if he wasn't returning the same saccharine smile you have plastered on your face.

When you bite your lip and look away he takes the opportunity to lace his fingers through yours for a few seconds, just long for you to take the time to see just how large his hands really are compared to yours before he takes it back, shifting gears to pass the person in front of him.

Over the last week you decided to take things in stride, give him a real chance despite the things you heard and seen from him.

After all, it's just a date and doesn't have to be more than that. Besides, it is long past time you live in the moment, enjoy the opportunity that's presented itself.

He's reckless, carefree but the fact that he's driving well over the speed limit doesn't bother you as much as initially anticipated.

In this space, filled with him, his cologne and the way he's looking at you from the corner of his eye, you know he won't let anything happen to you.