Anticipating An Arrival

Chapter Twelve

( note: i know the switching of POV's to leo and mainly donnie is getting old & nobody likes it [coming from someone who hates it herself!!] so this should be the last chapter that happens. lmao enjoy)

- - -

Donnie's POV:

"So.... you were going to tell them about me?"

I was back at (Y/N)'S place once again. This was seriously becoming a habit that I couldn't manage to stop.

"Well, yes- but, no! I don't know how they'd react if I told them I've been... I don't know... hanging out with the person who first tried to kill us when we met her."

"Well, do they have any disagreements about you hanging out with humans?" She spoke.

"No. They all know and love April, so, most likely not."

"Cool. Just tell em' my actual name and don't tell them about the whole Lotus thing."

I've been conversing with (Y/N) for the past thirty minutes on a number of subjects, primarily on how my apology to Leo went. It went quickly, save from his narcissistic attitude and unusual secretive manner. It's Leo we're talking about. He didn't want or care about an apology whatsoever.

She was right. Eventually, I would have to own up to my brothers about what it was that I've actually been doing. What am I supposed to tell them?

Hey, I've been hanging out with a murderer!
Yeah, no thanks.

"Can we, uh, switch the topic? I'll tell them eventually. I promise."

(Y/n) shook her head, disappointed in my ignorance of the problem. As much as I wanted to tell my brothers about it; I couldn't. Not yet.

- - -

(Y/N)'s POV:

"Fine. Well, that weird masquerade thing is coming up soon. How about that? It wouldn't hurt to find out more information." Donnie quickly nodded at my suggestion. He looked intrigued to find out more.

I understood why Donnie wanted to wait a bit before introducing me to his brothers. I tried to hurt (kill) them when I first saw them; you can't deny that. I'm only worried for him. I'm worried his brothers will get defensive if they find out he's been leaving at unreasonable times; I'm scared of what they would do.

"So, outfits? I have-"

"Purple! I have outfits all planned out- you don't have to worry about it." Donnie smiled, proud of himself.

"Alright then," I laughed, "purple it is. I wonder what the whole location looks like."

Without the slightest hesitation, Donnie typed something into his tech-pad and a holographic pink glow illuminated my living-room.

"Just glancing at the reviews from the invite address, it looks like a palace, maybe a mansion? Ooh, all the way down in the beautiful depths of the mystical Hidden City. Whew! Nice." Donnie whistled and shook his head. "Looks like you got yourself invited to a fancy place, Miss (Y/n). You must be pretty important." He smirked at me while scrolling through his device. I rolled my eyes, embarrassed. "It's probably nothing, just a fancy party or whatever. I'm sure it won't be anything too special."

"We'll see," Donnie chuckled, "I'm sure it'll be a great time however it ends up turning out."

I felt my cheeks flush as his words hit me- it was like a beam of dawn on tranquil shores. Though I certainly hadn't expected the attention, I couldn't deny the feeling of excitement I was undergoing.

No. No, (Y/N), not now! He is literally two feet away from you!

Instantly, I shook my head, dismissing the feeling. Nope. I wouldn't allow myself to think about that while he was right next to me!

Taking a deep breath, I focused on the task at hand. I couldn't afford to let my emotions get in the way. I quickly regained my composure and started listening to the turtle speak as he rambled on about the masquerade and its background. On the other hand, Donnie also listened thoughtfully, nodding and making mental notes when I spoke in return. As for my other previous wonders? Well, I'd deal with those thoughts later. Right now, the masquerade was all that mattered.

"You ready for this?"

"Ready as I'll ever be," I responded, my words weakly masking nothing but lies.

- - -

Neutral POV: Leo

With the letter firmly in his fingers, Leo walked through the sewers' darkest crevices. His mind was frantic with so many thoughts at once! Sure, he was thrilled that someone knew of their existence, but some other quiet conscience had warned him that the whole thing seemed a bit suspicious. What did the invitation mean by "We have been in touch with your recent behavior, good or evil?" He wasn't stupid! Something was off, and Leo was going to find out what. Suddenly, an idea began to flood into his mind.

Leo waltzed into the sewers, directing his attention to any eligible brother of his in the room. The only turtle available at the time was his youngest, Michelangelo.

"Hey, Mike! I need to ask you something, but you gotta keep it a secret, 'kay? Good." Leo waltzed into the sewers, directly giving his attention to his youngest brother.

"Oh, hey Leo! How was patr- oh. Okay? What is it?" The blue turtle nervously approached Mikey and pulled him aside.

"So- there's this masquerade party happening, what, tomorrow night? And, well, one of us got an invite, but it seems kinda sketchy, y'know? So, I was thinking, maybe you could be my plus one, whatever that is- and we can check it out?" He asks, his voice low and cautious.

Mikey's eyes sparkled with delight at the possibility of attending a masquerade. "You don't have to ask me twice!" The turtle's face twitched in curiosity. "But, wait, how did anyone know we... existed?"

Leo hesitated, a look of concern crossing his face. "I don't know, but I have a feeling that something isn't right. And don't worry- we don't have to tell Don, ew, or Raph. And, obviously, nobody else is here, so you, youngest brother-" the red slider enunciated his words, "get to do the honors of tagging along! Get your suit and mask out, Angelo. At this party, we are going to have the time of our lives!"

💜💜💜

Words: 1056

masquerade chapter next yall. stay tuned .

(she said with uncertainty, as it will most likely (definitely) take a seemingly long amount of time )

it WILL be a longer chapter though!! enjoy your morning/afternoon/evening, amigos :)