➕ A Name Simple as She [RE-WRITTEN]

Chapter Six

note: so sorry for the rewrite- it felt necessary and it bothered me all day how her backstory didn't have a good enough motive. enjoy the much needed newly edited version. lol

- - -

3rd Person POV:

Overlooking the hexagonal battle ring, the crowd erupted in screams of excitement. The area was lit up in neon green and yellow, giving the impression that the restricted area was undoubtedly dangerous and should be avoided at all costs. Avoided at all costs, that is, except for the two or more fighters in the ring.

A diverse group of spectators from various walks of life entered the stadium, each one eager to see the horrifying spectacle that was about to take place. Mutants were strewn across the bleachers. Balconies were draped in yokai. Even humans, an unanticipated creature, were scattered throughout the group.

Tonight, the audience tuning in would see a new fighter face off against a streaking victor; a warrior who had previously proven their worth many times.

It was time for another Battle Nexus match; hosted by the one and only Big Mama herself.

- - -

[Moments Before]

The surroundings were silent, dark, and still. Apart from the security guards' shrill voices trying to keep everyone in place, nothing could be heard. Someone was lying in a chamber; handcuffed and alone. She couldn't recall how she got to this place. The girl had just finished a tour around the fascinating and intriguing Mystic City, and now? She was here. Alone.

So much has happened within the past few months. (Y/N) had gotten cornered by a group of men, having been forced to fight her way out. Her best friend, Taylor, had gone missing. Nobody has heard of them since a couple of weeks ago, when all of a sudden, poof. Gone. This dark room was only another thing to add to that traumatic list.

Silent sobs dripped down her cheeks. Her hands were tied together, restricting her from moving. Her jaw was shaking, unable to stifle the sound. With every passing second, the tears continued to stream. Her frantic breath carried more than a hint of fear; she was terrified.

The girl thought to herself. Was she kidnapped? Stolen? Well, clearly.

Gather information.

In the completely dark space she was in, the girl poked and prodded. There wasn't much there, just a few bumps in the floor, a little dirt here and there, and- oh! Some boxes! Crates? With a bit of hesitation, the captive stood up, and helplessly began to feel around and get information on her environment. The crates were metal. They had something in them, but-

A sliver of light peeked through the door.

The girl gasped. A woman with light, dusty lavender skin peered through the opening with her slim, makeup covered eyes.

"Oh, darling, don't touch that!" she giggled. "You wouldn't want to give yourself a cut, now, would you? Oh, yes! That would be a bit unfortunate."

The woman's voice was high and sweet; her cheeks covered in blush. To a stranger, she seemed like a typical, kind woman. As of now, that's what she was to the captive.

The woman shook her head while softly chuckling to herself. She opened the door without any more delay, covering the room with a pink light that was much calmer than the dark. The woman's eyes swelled to the size of the sun when she finally caught sight of the hostage.