Chapter 14

Preeta was taking in steady breaths...trying to calm herself down and looking at the exit of the warehouse with eyes filled with hope.
The guards were all positioned in front of her like pillars ready to fight....they were strong but somewhere down the line they knew that Prithvi and Karan were two equal forces...and a clash between the two can lead to a big destruction.
They knew that it can possibly be Karan on the receiving end of the bullets but they were already trained by Karan himself for such circumstances, hence were chosen as the few worthy team to shield his babydoll.
Everything went silent after the shots....just the rattling leaves due to the wind and the hearts beating furiously...and then a sigh escaped Preeta's mouth on seeing a silhouette approaching from the exit....but the very next moment her breath stuck in her throat as Prithvi emerged in front of her.
The guards blocked her completely without wasting another second while she lost her balance and lent back on the tree.
But Prithvi dropped to the floor and his blood stained back came into view with five bullets targeted on the back while the sixth one was exactly at the back of his head.
He lied dead in front of her and her eyes immediately widened with hope again and immediately caught the glimpse of Karan limping out of the exit.
She ran towards him and threw herself on him.
Karan steadied himself immediately without tripping due to the force and hugged her back finally feeling the cool gush of air on his face as his heart warmed up with emotions...he held his world in his embrace and the tough hours were finally over.

Preeta- I knew it.
Karan(smiling)- mhmm?!
Preeta- Hmm...You are back....i knew it...you'll give me everything that i want.
Karan- so does that mean am your everything?! Huhh Mrs.Luthra?!
Preeta(parting herself from him but still in his embrace whispers)- every-fucking-thing!!
Karan smiled wholeheartedly before he frowned and bumped his forehead into hers lightly- Oye, Mrs. Luthra you are not allowed to curse and teach my princess wrong stuffs....she's listening to us and she can hear you saying it so shut up.

Preeta chuckled with slight tears and looked down between them to see her belly with a slight, almost unnoticeable bump...

Preeta- She's proud to have you as her dad...and her mumma and she herself love you a lot.

Karan caressed her lower back where his hands gripped her and placed a gentle kiss on her forehead.

Karan- your husband loves you immensely babydoll (he gets down to his knees and presses a kiss on her belly) and your dad loves you the most my strongest princess.

They smiled at each other when a guard came up.

Guard- boss the car is ready.

Karan nodded and they moved towards the car.

《-------------7 months later------------》

Karan- How are you feeling my love?!

Preeta(weakly)- hmm....better...how's she?!...did you see her?!...i want to see her too Karan please!!!

Karan(chuckled)- calm down darling...yep i saw...and she is (he kissed her nose and pressed his forehead against hers) beautiful just like her mom...the doctors are cleaning her up and after a few basic checkups they'll bring her to you to feed her....new momma (he rubbed his nose against hers)

Preeta- omg...am a mom now...(with overwhelming tears) Karan will she love me?! Like am i going to be a good mom?! Omg she'll be so tiny how am i going to look after her?! Will i be able to take proper care of her?!

Karan- shhh....we've created her...she's ours and will love us as much as we love her...besides you are the best mother she could ever get and soon she'll be the one saying this to you and yes you will take the best care of her and make her the strongest and the boldest woman just like a shadow of yourself....babydoll you've carried her for 9 months....fought with life threatening goons with her inside you...you are a wonder woman and you'll be her idol and my princess is going to rule the world like a queen just like her mom does.
They smiled at each other when the door of the cabin opened with two nurses entering with the little Aarushi Luthra wrapped in a purple towel grabbing the attention of both the parents immediately as both of them looked at their baby their princess with their eyes welled up with joy and excitement of the new parenthood.
Preeta took her little Tara in her embrace for the first time and tears soaked her cheeks as she placed a soft kiss on her tiny hand.
One of the nurses positioned her closer to Preeta's breast smiling happily while Preeta experienced the best thing of her life....she experienced the tenderness of motherhood and held her baby closer to herself and feeding her for the first time.
Karan on the other hand was looking at the mother daughter duo and smiled with unstoppable tears rolling down his cheeks....he soaled in every moment of this precious time of his life and embraced his girls in his arms kissing their foreheads lovingly.
The nurses clicked a picture of the beautiful moment of the family and left the cabin smiling at the family.