ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

[Third Pov]

The clacking of the keyboard echoed through the room as a young girl, rocking in simple black skinny jeans and a F/c shirt, all haphazardly tucked in, twirled a strawberry lollipop in her mouth, totally engrossed in her laptop screen.

'Kurou Oroharada from Japan.'

— 𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐝 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐧𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥,

— 𝐚 𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐢𝐧 𝐉𝐚𝐩𝐚𝐧.

And.....

Kira's initial target.

She continued typing, then took a bite of the candy in her mouth. "How could the police overlook such a crucial clue? It's obvious that Kira is working from Japan." she muttered, swallowing the remaining piece of the half-bitten candy.

"Ugh, from what I see, deaths are highly happened in this certain times so strikingly possible that Kira is a stud-"

*Ring-Ring*

She snatched up her phone without even glancing at the caller ID, swiped across the screen, pressed it to her ear still keeping her focus on the laptop. Propping the phone between her shoulder and ear, she heard the crackly voice of what sounded like a grandpa on the other end, perhaps in his seventies or eighties, came through the line.

"Hello Y/n, it's Watari speaking. Sorry, I know you're busy with the kira case, but.... L Wants to know if you like to help him in it-"

*Beep-Beep-Beep*

She totally dissed the old man, cut him off mid-rant, tossed the phone aside, and dove back into clacking away on her laptop like nothing happened.

Well for her, a time waste if you ask.

<Meanwhile on other end of the line>

*Beep-Beep-Beep* The old man stunned at the abrupt hang up, however he expected that.

"Uhh, guess you don't like to." The man, Watari, muttered, peeping at the phone.

"What she say?" The guy in the white oversized long-sleeve tee and blue jeans questioned. He was chilling with his coffee, looking slim with fair skin, black hair, and some serious eye bags under his peepers.

Overall lazy version of Sherlock Holmes.

"What do you expect?"

"She refused. Well.... as expected. Nevermind call her again."

"She won't-"

"Do it." With a defeated sigh, Watari's gearing up to call the girl, but her voice jumps in as soon as she picks up. It's like a heart failure for poor man.

"Watari-" But before the girl could even get a word in, L swoops in, grabs the phone, and starts talking himself.

"Y/n-"

.

.

.

"... L" he shivered hearing his name from those lips he haven't witnessed for a long time.

"Glad you still remember my voice." He breathed out.

"Who wouldn't, oh so dear great detactive. I'd be a fool to not recognise your sickly sweet tone."

"Don't make it sounds like you're not one, mighty M."

"...." The other side went all quiet for a hot minute before she came back with it.

It clicked - she ain't down for any casual chat with him, never was, and he's left scratching his head wondering why.

This girl who's always on his mind non-stop, 24/7, even when he's deep into his cases or his second favorite thing, sweets, she doesn't give him the attention he truly deserves.

That girl he looks up to, who stirs up a whole bunch of heart pounding emotions in him. Who he's totally smitten with this girl, right. She's always on his mind, messing with his feelings, and even in his dreams, she's all up in there to suffocating him with her bare hands.

But in reality, she doesn't even spare him a second. Like, not even a tiny moment. Like a dust.

He's a 'A rank' famous detective alright. Known by the every clever person around the world and here he's bagging for a little attention, is it too much to ask?

"Hand the phone over to Watari." The guy just goes along with her request without saying a word and passes the phone to the older dude. Like he would ever refuse her command. Chilling back in his chair, he brings the coffee cup close to his lips, taking a sip like it's all cool.

"Y/n-" Watari.     

"I'm already on it, handling my business solo. Tell him to keep my name outta his mouth, I ain't got nothing to do with his investigation. YOU HEAR ME? THERE'S. NO. M!!"

"Y/n-" Watari attempted to speak up once more, but L shut him down again.

"Soon my love." He knows he got her irritated, so what? "Just as much as I need you by my side, you need me too. I'll find a way to get you here, beside me, no doubt." He dropped that line. At this point, the old man who was in the middle of the back-and-forth between those two younger ones just gave up and stood there in silence.

"Oh yeah? Dare you to come and get me, but for now JUST PISS OFF!!"

She was so fed up, she straight up slammed her phone on the table, letting out a string of curses right along with it.

What a waste of such precious time.