[#]_____2.8

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
ᴛʜᴇ sᴡᴇᴇᴛ sᴘᴀʀᴋ
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

"Are you planning on check all of Aoyama's videos on the 22nd by yourself?" Before L could respond, you jumped in with your answer right after Mr. Yagami was asked.

"I'll be watching it with Ryuzaki, Yagami-san. Chances are, Kira and the second Kira had some kind of interaction there on that day." You brought up as your gaze fell upon the other three members of the task force who were there with you and L

"Are- are you sure you want to stay up? It's already midnight, and staying up late can have a negative impact on your health and university progress, you know?" Mr. Yagami didn't like you overworking yourself in midnight and alone with the other detective.

He sees you as his own, a daughter figure, and the thought of you pushing yourself so hard is more than he can bear, afterall you were also one of them who he deeply care about.

"Yagami-san is right. Your health is at stake here. It's crucial that you go home and rest. I've already taken up enough of your time today." L echoed Mr. Yagami's sentiments.

He knows the late night aren't good for you. He sees the fatigue pulling at the corners of your eyes, hears the tiredness in your voice and he didn't want you to look like him at all.

Like a panda.

Yet, he can't help but feel this stolen moments with you, the quite companionship in the dimly room, the shared glances and your craving for strawberries treats. He's caught between wanting to pull you close and pushing you to go home, to rest.

"I'm made of tough stuff, okay. Beside...." You reassure them, with a shake of your head, a small smile playing on your lips. "You don't understand." You tell them, your voice steady. "This is where I need to be." You explained. "I was there that day as well. If Ryuzaki thinks there's a chance the second Kira was there, I could definitely assist him with the details. I would also like to see where I lack."

It's not just about the work, it's about the challenge.

"But-"

"We also wanna see Light clear from any suspecion, right?" You pursue more, knowing it will work.

"If that's the case then I might stay here as well." Mr. Yagami declared with a sigh.

"Absouletly no." You shook your head. "You're still recovering. Please refrain from taking so much work load." You can't help but admire this person. It's quite admirable how this person, being the father of a wanted criminal, still stands by justice.

Kira truly doesn't deserve such a supportive father in his life, if only you could change that.

"Y/n's right, Yagami-san, also..."

"But-" Again he hesitated but sigh nevertheless. "Yes?"

"I would like Mr. Mogi to keep watch over Light's activities."

"Light's activities?"

"If Light is indeed Kira, it's possible that the second Kira would attempt to reach out to him somehow."

"I understand. Don't stay up late night." The last phrase was definitely for you and with that Mr. Yagami departed, bidding his farewell as he made his way out.

You also settled in next to L, tuning out the chatter of the other two task force members discussing when L might take a break.

Seeing L with Mr. Yagami, Matsuda, Mr. Mogi along with the rest of the task force working their all might, you realize that, this journey, this pursuit, it's not just yours and L's anymore. It's theirs too.

And that makes it more meaningful.