[#]_____2.7

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
sʜᴀᴛᴛᴇʀᴇᴅ ᴠᴏᴡs
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

After a long and tiring waste of a day, you finally found a moment to rest before starting your next task. As you sank into the cozy comfort of your favorite chair in the suite.

The room was filled with a soothing ambiance of silence, creating a peaceful atmosphere. You allowed yourself to fully embrace the calmness of the present moment, letting go of the stress and worries that had consumed you throughout the day.

Sipping on your favourite brew which was specially made for you by your favourite Watari. "Thank you." You closed your eyes and let out a deep sigh, feeling the weight of exhaustion slowly lifting from your shoulders.

"Anything else?" The older asked making you smile and shook your head, closing your eyes at the taste of the caffeine in your hand. Exhaustion weighed heavily upon you. The long hours and relentless pursuit of justice had taken their troll.

A sigh left pass your lips before you suck on your breath again because of the looming figure behind your chair.

"Are ya tired?" His deep yet velvet voice rang through your ears, wrapped around you like a comforting embrace, melting the tension and making your relax again.       

He rested his head on your shoulder almost making you purr at the weight, as if it went down on you like it is about to take your exhaustion away.

A blue case file slide on your hand making your droopy eyes stare at it with half-lidded. "What's this?" You asked, not bothering to opening it yet. As you felt him moving his head away from your shoulder, it almost made you on edge, wanting to pull him back and place his head where it belongs-resting on your shoulder.

"Matsuda-san's report." Signing to yourself, you put the coffee mug back and opened the blue case file. Analyzing the report, your eyes roamed over the words, absorbing the information.

"It's already sorted." You said, still reading. Glancing at the detective who was engrossed with his laptop on the couch, you turned back to the case file.

"I already analyzed it." He muttered without looking back. His fingers expertly danced across the keys on his laptop.

"Oh?" you exclaimed, gazing at his back with admiration. As you went through the report again, a thought crossed your mind. "When did you do it? I didn't see you working on it." A smile briefly appeared on your face before fading into a frown.

Turning to him, confusion etched on your face, you asked, "When did you do it?" No response came, causing your eyebrow to furrow even more. "It's impossible for you to complete it that quickly. I was here the whole time and didn't see you working on it." Still no reply. "If you're saying Matsuda was there watching us, then surely he left with us at some point. Even if he got here before us, there's no way you could have analyzed all of this in such a short time."

You stood up abruptly, leaving your coffee mug behind on the seat.        

Determined, you approached him with the report file in hand. "When did you finish it?" you demanded, frustration evident in your voice. Still met with silence, you called out, "L Lawliet, I'm asking you. When did you finish it? Don't tell me Matsuda-san came back here a long time ago. And if he did, how did you know where I was?" No response. Frustrated, you threw the file at his direction, causing him to flinch and successfully knocking the laptop onto the floor. "DON'T YOU DARE SAY YOU GOT SOMEONE ELSE TO FOLLOW US- but... how? I would'v realised."

You heard him let out a sigh, his back turned to your visibly frustrated figure. Without glancing back at you, he picked up his laptop and carefully placed it back where it was before. He went through it and then showed it to you. As you narrowed your eyes at it, your expression comically widened in surprise.

The digital map displayed a captivating visualization of a location, with a pulsation marker pinpointing at the exact spot where you're right now. It felt like a scene from a thrilling espionage movie, where secrets and hidden agendas lurked.

A mix of fury and unease washed over you as you realized the implications. The room suddenly felt charged with tension, and your heart raced, mind ready to explode along with tongue which was ready to spit tons of shits. It was a moment that would forever be etched in your memory, a surreal encounter with the unexpected.

"Why the fuck?... WHY THE FUCK! YOU FUCK HEAD!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? Can't believe you had a GPS tracker on my phone this whole time! How. dare you!!" Hands painfully clutched beside you, and more to say.

"Love-" The adoration you were feeling earlier towards him quickly faded, replaced by a mix of frustration and betrayal. It felt like a violation of your trust and a breach of you privacy.

"DON'T GO 'MY LOVE' ON ME!! TELL ME WHY?"

"I apologize for not informing you about the tracker..." He got on his feet, approaching you, causing you to instinctively take a step back. "but my intentions were purely to ensure your safety-"

"Don't gimme that crap!! I don't need you to protect me!! It's a clear violation, you invade my privacy. Hell I never needed your protection!! You don't get to decide what's best for me without my consent. You-You're clearly spying on me, you dammit!!"

"Y/n look, I understand why you're upset, and I'm truly sorry. I never meant to make you feel like your privacy was invaded. I was just.... worried about you and wanted to ensure you were safe."

"It's not just about safety. It's about respect and boundaries. I deserve to have my own space and privacy without feeling like I'm constantly being monitored. It's Light who you should focus on, you dimwit! You think by putting tracker on me, you can monitor him, just fvck off!"

A sigh left pass his lips. "I.... I can see how my actions may have made you feel that way, and I apologize for any distress caused. I should have approached this differently, but believe me love.... I don't regret it."

"You- Shit you're awful!! You're too honest for fuck sake! Madre de Dios!" With those final words, you hurled your phone at his feet, shattering it into pieces, before storming out of the suite.

He understood what you said, but didn't feel like translating it.

"Watari, please make sure Y/n reaches home safely," he muttered loud enough for the older man to hear. Watari nodded and left the suite, shadowing you without any sinister intentions.

L collapased onto the couch, he let out a deep sigh, the weight of the day and heated argument just had hit him hard. He's undeniably intelligent, capable of solving the most complex mysteries, but when it comes to you, his mind seems to go blank. It's as if all his logical reasoning gets overshadowed by his emotions. He doesn't regret his actions, even though he acknowledges he was wrong.

To him, it was the fairest decision he could make, but at what cost? Now, you're not just angry at him- "anger" doesn't even begin to describe the storm of emotions you're experiencing right now.

"I should've been more aware," he muttered, leaning his head back against the couch's headrest. The weight of his mistake weighed heavily on his mind.

"I'm sorry, Love... I promise I can fix it. 'I'll make sure you don't realize I'm eyeing on you next time, I promise.'