Chapter 47

It's the one

*the next day*
"Do you know which restaurant Caleb booked for us"? I ask looking up at Enzo. "One down town it's located near a lake and has a pier over looking", he says. "Not as fancy as we usually go for but it's still perfect", he adds.

"I have a few meetings to attend today so I'll have one of my men drop you off at the restaurant that's where I'll meet you okay"? He asks. "Sure I'll see you then"? I ask. "See you then", he replies pulling me in for a kiss before leaving for the day.

-

Both Lexi and I decided to go out for breakfast in the morning with enzos mother. It was a small town cafe with a few tables in and out. "So you and enzo are going out tonight I hear", his mother asks looking over. "Yes, it seems like a nice place I'm just hoping it's not busy so we can have a chill night today", i say.

"It's a lovely restaurant you will enjoy it I'm sure", she says smiling. "Why don't you find a new outfit to wear just for tonight I know a few places nearby that sell the most wonderful pieces". "We could take a look seen as we are here already"? She asks. "Why not I mean we might as well", i say.

-

We finished up at breakfast before walking down the high street coming to a couple clothes stores. "Hi welcome would you guys like any help today"? The sales lady asked as we walked in. "We are okay for now dear thank you", his mother says as she nods her head. "Let me know if you do", she replies fixing some hangers.

"Alright let's get to this", Lexi says flicking through the rails. "What about this"? I say holding up a baby pink beige dress with diamanté straps and lace hem. "That's so pretty, let's find a few and you could try them on to see which fits best", his mother says.

We ended up finding 3 main dresses; the baby pink, a short silk brown dress that fitted just above the knee with a short slit up the thigh, and a silver sequin backless dress that came with matching heels.

"So this is the first one", i say walking out from behind the red curtain in-front of a floor to ceiling mirror. "Wow that dress is gorgeous this is going to be a tough decision", Lexi says quietly clapping to herself.

"That dress is beautiful ari you really have quite the eye", his mother says with a smile. "It's cute but I feel like I could do so much better", i reply. "But it's okay we have 2 more to try", i say smiling.

-

"Okay are you ready for the second", i say before hearing the replies. "Now this one it's much better", i say walking out in-front of them. "I couldn't agree more that pink dress gave more club vibes than a romantic meal out", Lexi says. "I agree this dress fits the occasion more than the other", she adds. "Now come on I want to see this last one", Lexi says pushing me back into the changing room laughing.

"Voila", i say opening the curtain with my hands in the air. "Now that, that's the one", Lexi says. "Oh my this one's perfect", she adds. "Enzos not going to keep his hands off you", she says laughing as his mother taps her on the arm.

"That's enough", she says laughing. "The dress looks lovely aria I think this is the one for sure", she says. "It comes with matching shoes so we won't have to worry about finding you a matching pair", she adds.
"Okay so this is the one"? I ask as they both nod. "It's the one", Lexi replies.

- later on -

"Can you zip me up?" "Sure come here", Lexi says standing up beside the mirror. "Your lucky this was the last dress and in your size, it's like it was meant to be", she says. "We'll soon I won't be able to wear stuff like this", i say. "Huh"? She says. "Im joking", i say laughing awkwardly. "And yes it was meant to be", i add posing in the mirror.

"So what are you going to do with your hair then"? She asks. "That's a good question because I actually don't know, would it be too basic to just curl it"? I ask. "Not at all I mean you do always have it straight so curls will look different for a change", she says. "Here sit down and I'll curl it whilst you finish getting ready", she adds. "Thank you", I reply.

"So Enzos meeting you there"? She asks. "Yes he said he had a few meeting and someone would drop me off and he'd be there", i say. "Oh yeah I forgot about that he mentioned some meetings he took Santi and a few others with him this morning I wondered where they were going", she replies. "Do you know what the meetings are about"? I ask.

"I'm not sure if it's probably about the new house and us heightening the security and staff along with making sure we keep tabs on Gio and that lot", she says. "I have a question", i say. "Hm". "Was Gio there when we were attacked in the old house"? I ask. "No", she says. "Gio sent his men as a way of threatening us he's smart about the way he does business", she adds.

"He'll get his men to do the little things and when it's the perfect time it'll be down to him to finish the job and no one else", she says. "Not to scare you or anything but we are all here to help plus extra men are being added". "There we go all curled".

"Speaking of the devil, your man's calling", she says passing me my phone from the bed.

******

"Is everything okay"?

"Everything's fine amore our last meeting will just be a little longer I want you to wait at the restaurant for me okay"?

"Yeah that's okay I'll be going soon you won't be much longer will you"?

"No not much longer just finishing up I'll see you soon Bellissimo".

******

"He's running a little late he said to meet him there he won't be much longer", i say as someone knocks on the door. "Aria the drivers ready for you", Caleb says. "Okay I'm coming now tell him I won't be long", i reply.

"Have fun and enjoy your night, don't forget to tell me all about it tomorrow", Lexi says passing me my bag from the back of the door. "Don't worry I'm sure they'll be lots to tell", i reply. "I'm just going to the toilet make sure Caleb tells the driver", i say as she walks out.

I make sure I grab the test from the back of the drawer before stuffing it into the bottom of my bag making my way back out.

1184 words

Make sure to vote 🤍