03 - The Confession

•I Love You•

Restless? Hella restless would be the smallest inch to measure Sumedh's feelings.

No msgs, no calls, no signs.

Is she safe?

Is the mission dangerous?

Is she fine?

Did she land in trouble?

So many questions but no answers.

He rang the doorbell in haste and it opened revealing his to be mother-in-law.

"Sumedh, come in beta." She invited him in. He sat for like 10 mins in the living room and then gave up.

"When's she coming?" He asked.

"Next week." His eyes lit up.

"Thankyou." He breathed out and walked out not waiting for anything else.

_________________________________

3 days later :

He was in his office working sincerely when his phone rang.

Unknown number.

He declined but the caller was so much impatient. Losing all his sanity and patience, he barked to the caller - "WHAT? "

"oops." The caller said.

"If it's anything urgent then tell me otherwise I'm hanging up."

"Idiot." He heard a whisper

Yes Idiot!
was it-
"MALLIKA" he yelled.

"Thank God, if you are really interested to meet me come to the airport in 1 hour, I'm landing." And she hung up.
It was in 45 mins Sumedh reached and waited for her.

Just after 10 mins, he sees a group of men and women in similar uniforms exiting the airport.

And then he saw her.

He waved. She smiled and told something to her friend who looked at Sumedh and gave a nod of approval to her friend. They parted ways and Mallika walked towards him.

Without wasting a second he wrapped his arms around her clinging to her body but separated as soon as she whimpered.

"shit, sorry. Are you hurt, where? " He panicked.

"I'm fine." She waves it off.

"Mal-

"Let me at least reach home first, then lecture me. Come on pick this up." He sighed but obeyed anyway.

They reached her house in 40 mins and greetings were exchanged.

"Sumedh." He looks up meeting her eyes who seemed glassy.

"Come to my room." She said in a very soft voice. He looked at his future in-laws who nodded and he followed her upstairs.

"I need your help." She whispers, he nodded confused.

She slid the strap of her top and his eyes widened at the site. There was a plaster.

"What the hell." He said angrily.

She smiled sheepishly and hugged him.

"This is not gonna work, I need an explanation, Miss Singh." She huffed.

"What do you expect from me on a mission?"

"You didn't jump into it intentionally right?" She didn't meet his eyes.

"What's wrong?" He asks concerned.

She shakes her head but her eyes became moist.

He sat on her bed taking her in his arms.

"What's wrong, you can tell me. " He pats her cheek softly wiping the tears.

"I entered the terriost area and they locked me up for a day." His breath hitched at her words.

"with a guy."

"did he do something?" He gritted.

"just touched me." His hold tightened.

"Before he could do anything, I punched him." He sighs in relief.

"but his touch lingers." He leans forward.

"let me make you forget that my love." Oh how soft and beautiful it sounded.

"May I?" He asked

"Please " she whimpered.

He kissed her, very softly.
First her eyes. Left and right. Then her cute nose. Right cheek first and then the left one.
Her breath went uneven.
He kissed her jawline next and made me lie down. Softly trailing down his fingers from neck to the shoulder where her plaster was.

"It hurts?" He asks

"not much." She replies.

He carefully removes and plaster and hover above her.

"Mine." And pressed his lips on her soft ones.

_____________________________

"I love you." His eyes opened faster than light.

"w-what?" He stuttered.

"I mean it and you don't have to revert it back but I really mean it. I love you really." And she hugged him wrapping hands around his neck.

He didn't said anything but just hugged her back.

"Let's get married." He said.

_______________________________________

Two days and they got married.
In a simple temple in Dehradun with both sets of parents.

Mallika bid goodbye to her family and entered the house of Mudgalkars. After the full day of ceremonies and pujas, she entered their room.

It wasn't decorated much, just simple white lights were on.
Simple, which she loved.

After getting changed she came out to see her husband on the bed with a gift.

"Is that my wedding gift?" He chuckled at her excitement and nodded.

"wow." She jumped into the fluffy bed and snatched the gift box.

She opened it and found a pendant. She smiled and gave it to him.
"It's your right."

He smiled and gladly took it. She slid her hair in the front and he tied and locked up the pendant around her neck.

She leaned back, his arms going around her waist automatically and his head on her shoulder.

"Where's my gift?" He questioned.

"I didn't know I was to be married this soon so I didn't purchase anything." She shrugs and he instantly turned her around.

"You didn't purchase me anything?" He asked with a frown. She chuckled.

"You're too greedy, you've me isn't that enough." She teased.

"very greedy actually." He whispered and move forward pressing his lips on hers and a giggle followed by.

So happy, so satisfying what everybody wants.