Chapter 4 - A Child's Responsibility

It's been a day since Shizu had died... [Grand Sage] made me some clothing using the materials in my [Stomach]. They felt nice but it was the only thing nice about me... no... I'm fine really, I got more powerful because of Shizu after all. Shizu really helped me out a lot....

{User sanity is dropping quickly...}

I DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS!

{...}

I just... I just want someone to talk to... I can't... I really can't handle it anymore...

{Notice:-}

I'M NOT IN THE MOOD!

{...there's a faint magicule signature nearby in a den.}

...I guess killing a monster would get my mind off these things...

"Where is this thing at?" I really could feel I was losing myself at the moment. I didn't know when or if I might break apart. Everytime I met someone, I had to say goodbye to them. There was no one here with me but a Skill. Was this like talking to myself? Yes... it was... it explained that before...

{Approximately half a kilometer from your location.}

I don't know how long half a kilometer is! You tell me these things and I don't understand them at all!

{You need to go to school.}

SURE AS IF THERE'S A SCHOOL NEARBY THAT WOULD ACCEPT SLIMES!

{...}

I'm sorry... Please don't get silent on me...

{I know, you are suffering. I am not capable of expressing emotions but I can ensure you are safe.}

...ok...

I continued walking for what felt like forever. I liked being back in my human body but I still liked my slime body as well. It was a choice between two different worlds. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do but I knew one thing, I had to get stronger for papa. Papa was counting on me to free him from [Unlimited Imprisonment] and there was no way I was letting him down.

{The monster is only a yard away from you. It is in that den nearby.}

Might as well get ready.

I prepared my magic in anticipation. I just received [Fire Manipulation] so this should be the best time to test it. After all, There was no better time I could try it but as I waited outside the cave, the more I realized whatever was inside wasn't going to come out. Guess I just need to go in and kill it.

{Notice: Utilizing Shizu's Sword that was stored in the Stomach is the best option in this scenario.}

As instructed, I pulled out her sword. It was one of two relics of Shizu. This sword and her mask... I wasn't going to just simply dump these because it would be my only way of remembering her. I stored both in my [Stomach] and now it seemed like using one of them would be the best course of action. I went in and found...

I couldn't believe it... I can't believe it... it's... it's...

"IT'S A PUPPY!" I immediately stored Shizu's sword back into my [Stomach].

It looked so small but it wasn't moving! I wanna save the puppy! I can't let the puppy die like Shizu! [GRAND SAGE] HELP ME PLEASE!

I was immediately cuddling the puppy, it was barely breathing and it seemed hungry. It's like it hadn't eaten in days and was barely surviving...

{Notice: Solution found, the 'Direwolf' pup is suffering from starvation and dehydration. Best course of action is to feed and give the 'Direwolf' pup water to prevent its death.}