Chapter 9 - Threads Tangle

I've been living in the Orge Village for about two days now. I was playing with many of the other kids here but I felt like I had a bit too much strength in comparison to the other kids...

-=====-

Flashback Towards Yesterday

"Rimuru! You've really been hiding your power from us! Come on! Let us see it!" What? Well... crap his sister isn't around!

"W-well I-i-" Before I could continue, the Purple haired one cut me off.

"Don't be a coward! We just wanna see what you could do!" Is she resorting to taunting me just so I would use something?!

"Hmph, doesn't bother me..." Oy! The blue one is just watching around the corner! I don't know if him not getting involved is a good thing or a bad thing...

"Yeah, Rimuru, you're the son of the 'Storm Dragon' but the most we've seen of you is you getting beaten by the Elder." 'Brother' said but seriously! Why is everyone taunting me right now!

"W-well I-i... fine..."

They all started to cheer in synchrony but I didn't know exactly how to show it off without causing any sort of damage... maybe... here I could try using [Black Flame] and aim it towards the sky?

"Alright, everyone, back off as much as you can." I checked the surrounding area, not any buildings in the vicinity that could get damaged... possibly... every one of the kids backed off as I lifted my hand towards the sky.

Soon enough, I unleashed [Black Flame] towards the sky and everything that could go wrong, went wrong quickly. The temperature of the [Black Flame] was immediately apparent and the entire Ogre Village witnessed the flame shoot into the sky. However, the temperature ended up burning away all the water in the nearby radius... which resulted in some spontaneous combustion in some nearby wooden structures.. Which happened to be the defensive wall constructed around the Ogre Village.

I had quickly shut off [Black Flame] to try and put out the now raging fire on the defensive wall using some water stored in the [Stomach] using [Water Manipulation], that went just as terrible as the water not only put out the fire but obliterated the entire section of wall alongside it... as well as making a hundred meter long canal in the middle of nowhere.

The Chief, Elder, and Treyni who were all busy had quickly rushed over towards where the chaos was happening. They had apparently been asking the daughter how I was doing at the moment. The Chief was understandably furious at every child involved... no one got the most criticism than me...

"RIMURU! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?! OUT OF EVERY SKILL YOU COULD USE AND YOU USED THAT DESTRUCTIVE NIGHTMARE OF A SKILL!" Treyni was yelling at me, this was the first time in a while since I used my Skills like that...

"I-i'm s-owwy..!" I had tears in my eyes as Treyni was staring at me furiously, the daughter of the chief was staring at me with concern while the Elder was shaking his head in sheer disappointment.

From that day forward, no one was allowed to ask Rimuru to show off his power, else another catastrophe might happen...

-=====-

I was hiding out in the house which has now been declared the 'Dragon Den'... weird title for a house but considering my situation... yeah it fits pretty well... I had only just really woken up

"Why'd papa give me so much power..." I was smothering my head into a pillow, it was filled with what I think was leaves and vines. It wasn't very comfortable and had to be changed frequently, Treyni most handled that...