.·:*¨ ♡ Episode 1 - Welcome New Neighbour! ♡ ¨*:·.

(3483 words)

- ˋ ˏ ༻ 🍎 ༺ ˎ ˊ -

(Y/N) has their nose against the window of the car they were riding in. So badly did they want to be at their destination already, as the hours of sitting in the car were getting so boring. The driver of the car was (Y/N)'s long-time friend, Gary Berry. He had been to the neighbourhood of Home once before, but it had been so long it took him a while to remember the route to take. From what (Y/N) had heard, Home was a secluded neighbourhood of just 9 neighbours. Not many people in the wider world knew of Home, but when Gary told them about Home and the wonderful views and scenery, they knew they had to go and see it for themself. (Y/N) glanced at the camera they always have right by their side. It was chunky and a little finicky at times, but it was filled with pictures of everything (Y/N) thought was beautiful, which was almost everything. (Y/N) loved to take photos of things they liked and people they meet. The feeling of seeing someone's face light up from viewing a well-taken photo of them for the first time never gets old.

"Hey (Y/N), look up ahead, you can see the sign from here," Gary smiled to (Y/N).  (Y/N) turned to look out the front windshield and low and behold, a tall sign stood at the end of the road with brightly coloured letters spelling out "Welcome to Home". (Y/N) could also see a colourful crowd gathered at the entrance to the town.

"Gary there it is oh my gosh!" (Y/N) gently shook Gary's shoulder, excitedly bouncing in their seat.

"Yes yes (Y/N) I see it, please stop shaking me I'm trying to drive," Gary laughed at (Y/N)'s excitement. (Y/N) apologized and settled down in their seat in the back. The crowd seemed to all be talking together until one of them noticed the approaching car, signalling the whole group to wave at the car. (Y/N) stuck their hand out of the window and waved her back to them, but she doubted they could see it from the distance. A large joyful smile was plastered on (Y/N)'s face, they could hardly contain themself! They sucked their arm back into the car and got their camera out of its case, putting it together and turning it on, needing to get as many pictures as they could. It wasn't long before Gary pulled the car to a stop outside of Home. (Y/N) swung open the door and stepped out so fast they almost tripped getting out of the car. They closed the door with a careful slam and rested their camera on top of the car. (Y/N) waved excitedly to the crowd of neighbours gathered around with both hands. They shouted to everyone "Hello!! It's a pleasure to meet you all!" to which they got a symphony of 'Hello's and 'Welcome's. (Y/N) picked up their camera and called out to everyone, "Don't move! Stay right there for just a moment!". They all did, most of them holding the waving pose they had. (Y/N) snapped a picture of the neighbourhood underneath the sign welcoming newcomers. Once (Y/N) had the picture, they tapped on Gary's window, getting him to roll it down.

"Thank you for taking me here, I'll see you again in about a month, okay?" (Y/N) said, bending down to Gary's window.

"You know it, go have fun. Oh, and don't be late when I'm picking you up, otherwise you'll be left here," Gary joked, patting (Y/N)'s shoulder before rolling up the window and getting the car ready to leave. (Y/N) couldn't help but have a spring in their step as they made their way over to the crowd. In the crowd, there was eight people, some (Y/N)'s height, others that (Y/N) would need to crane their neck to look up at. The first to speak was the person right in the centre of the group. He was (Y/N)'s height and had yellow felt skin. His hair was styled in a blue pompadour and his eyes were slightly downturned. A happy smile was plastered on his face and he held his hands together in front of him. His outfit consisted of a white collared shirt underneath a blue and yellow cardigan. His pants were colourful and striped and his shoes were black and white. His outfit was finished off with a bright red necktie, bringing the focus of his outfit back up to his face. He stepped forward, being the first to greet (Y/N).