.·:*¨ ♡ Episode 4 - A Budding... Apple ♡ ¨*:·.

(3818 words) I hope y'all are picking up what I'm putting down with that title. Also, this is how I will write the author's notes for now. 

-      ˋ ˏ ༻ 🍎 ༺ ˎ  ˊ      -

(Y/N) had made sure to be up and ready early in the morning. They didn't know exactly how far away the apple orchard was, so they figured they'd get ready early just in case. Their bag was packed with extra film for their camera and they wore their best smile, as well as their favourite outfit for outings. (Y/N) teased their hair in a mirror before deciding to head out. They figured they'd just wait for Wally outside of Home, as he was the one who had promised to take them to the orchard. They were very excited. Usually, just any trip would excite (Y/N), but today was different. They didn't know why, but they felt more like a kid on Christmas Eve, like they couldn't possibly wait another second. Whatever possessed them to feel this way, it certainly didn't leave them as they walked out of their door, looking over the bright and happy neighbourhood. Once again, a beautiful sunny day with a slight breeze. Taking a deep breath, (Y/N) stepped out of the doorway, closing the door behind them. 

They made their way over to Home, noticing their eyes look over at them as they approached. "Well good morning to you, Home!" (Y/N) greeted. Home creaked happily, the front door opening momentarily to wave at (Y/N). They patted Home's wall gently and looked at the closer of their eyes. "Is Wally up yet?" They asked. Home's eyes seemed to close as blinds were drawn over them, only for them to open back up again and a lower creak from Home erupted. (Y/N) assumed that meant no. "That's okay, I'll just wait out here for him if that's okay with you?" (Y/N) looked over at a rock not too far away. It seemed to be painted with all different bright colours, and they figured it looked comfortable enough for them. Home squeaked in response, and (Y/N) assumed it was okay with Home. They made their way over to the rock, fiddling with their camera and double-checking that it was working with no issues. Soon though, they noticed someone approaching them, so they lowered their camera to greet them. 

"Good morning! Frank, was it?" (Y/N) asked, waving over to Frank as he came closer.

"Yes, how are you doing today?" Frank asked, trying to start small talk. 

"I'm alright, I'm going to an apple orchard with Wally today, so I'm just waiting for him to wake up," (Y/N) smiled, glancing back at Home. 

"So I've heard. I have a small favour to ask of you if that's alright?" Frank held two books in his left arm. (Y/N) noticed that he gestured quite often with his free hand as he spoke. 

"Sure, whatcha need?" (Y/N) leaned over, resting both of their arms on their legs, looking up at Frank. 

" As you must know, there are quite a few bugs in nature," Frank started. It seemed he was having a hard time actually asking the favour. 

"Mhm?" (Y/N) hummed, urging Frank to go on with asking what he needs. 

"I like to research bugs, and I was wondering, if you see any at the orchard..." Frank avoided eye contact as he spoke. (Y/N) got the impression that Frank doesn't often like to ask for help from others.

"Ohh I get it, you want me to take a few pictures if I see any cool bugs, right?" (Y/N) sat up, their smile growing. 

"Precisely. I can pay you back for any film used up. Normally I would go myself, but I have plans with Eddie today and I don't have a camera, so I have to stick to detailed descriptions of bugs," Frank smiled to (Y/N), happy that they got the message without him needing to fully finish asking. 

(Y/N) waved him off. "No need to repay me, to be totally honest I would've photographed any cool bug I came across anyways," They chuckled. 

"Are you sure? I'd hate to waste your resources,"