Chapter 3

Milo was going to signal his friend, but then stopped. It was his friend's hunt, not his. 

He murmured: "Sorry brother."

He made a way to Arin. Arin nodded. As he was slowly nearing to the bors, a giant snake with black wings emerged from the flower woods and bit the golden bors. It was a flower snake, that should be hibernating, but strangely wasn't. The creature that likes drinking pollen of the flower, that grew at the top of the certain flower trees. The pollen made them drunk, so they guarded them like their life depended on it. 

The bors tried to struggle, but it was futile. As soon as this snake came out, both of the guys tactically fled from the scene. They got separated, but as they were hunters that specializes in non compatible fighting styles, it was better for them not to stuck together. Their camouflage would make them more vulnerable. It would be better for them to meet at the base rather than searching each other at the woods. 

---

That was dangerous. 

Hot blood rushed in the veins of Mio. He could try to battle with the snake, but without a good supporting group, he wouldn't be able to take it down without heavy injuries. 

Maybe I should have spent all of that time cultivating...fuck it. Anyway, I have never went this deep into flower woods. Grass here has purple hue to it. It means that poisonous bouquet, the center of this forest is not that far away. 

He looked up to the sky. I wouldn't be able to get out of this forest before darkness, I'm fatigued. Would it be better to travel after resting? 

Since the flower snakes were very vicious predators, that hunted their prey till the end, he tried to run as far as he can from the snake. Since the center of the forest was poisonous even for the snakes, he was safe. 

Huh? Why that leaf has closed petals and looks a little heavier than others?  

After contemplating a little, he decided just to observe. If the thing in it was dangerous, he will be disadvantaged. He needed several minutes to catch a breath. He run for hours in high speed after all. He looked down at his watch. 

Pulse. Check. Heart one. Check. Heart two. Check. Sugar level. Check. Ugh, I will go into heat soon. Dang it.

He recalled his previous heat cycle.

That was awful. 

Interesting, how she will be. My mate? It is said that both of us will feel it, if we looked at each other's eyes. Maybe that's why we stare for a sec or two at people's eyes as a form of greeting. 

Okay. I've rested. I'm bored, so why not?

Mio used his claws to climb up the pink tree. He tried to be as soundless as possible. 

I haven't had this sort of intense exercise since army times. And dang it, I look to obvious on this pink blooded tree. 

As he neared that leaf, his heart beat increased. 

*Heartbeat*

*Second heartbeat*

Strange. 

Mio didn't give attention to it. 

Is this scent of female arousal?  Wait what? How am I able to detect it if I'm...If I do not have... Mate?

An anticipation bloomed in his heart. 

---At the same time, Rose's POV---

A feeling of being observed submerged in her.