Part 7

Time fastly went and it was a day of Rose's interview. Nowadays, Rose felt strangely energetic. " Dear, wake up." She turned, now she was facing sleepy Mio. "You don't wanna get out of the bed, hmm?" She sat up.

Mio opened his eyes. He was still sleepy. " How you are this energetic from the morning till night?" He nuzzled into Rose's belly. " Mkay, waking up." 

After breakfast Mio was going to wear his everyday black uniform, that tightly wrapped his figure. As he was having hard time getting his tights into the pants, he felt how his buttock was gently squeezed. An electric current went through his body. " Rose, you shouldn't touch me there if you want to stay at home today. I'm not against the idea." 

" Ehh~ I'll stop. I couldn't help. It is so tasty..." 

Rose checked corner of her mouth. I didn't drool. She looked at her mate. Mio looked like a damn hotty. His broad shoulders paired with slim waist and juicy - khm. Oh, by the way, he doesn't have tail like me. Rose once questioned Mio about her tail. The answer was that since every Ava had a mixture of alien blood - it showed differently in each person. For example, Rose had bunny tail, Mio didn't.

Mio: " Ready? " 

Rose:  "Yes." 

Mio:  "Let's go." 

---

After 15 minutes, Rose stood at the entrance of the gigantic building that was similar to the tree. Seeing Mio standing beside Rose, the male receptionist said:  "You must be new applicant Rose. I'm Geoni. Here is your temporary card. You need this to open doors. Good luck. " The guy gave her a bracelet and slightly bowed. 

Rose: " Thank you." Mio walked her to the 3rd floor.

Mio:  "With a little additional fee you can change that into watch, accessory everything you want. Mine, for example, is this." He put his index finger in his mouth and pulled his cheek, showing her a tooth gem on his lower first molar. " 

Rose felt a something stirr in herself when Mio showed her his beastly smile. 

Mio: " Here we are. I'll introduce you to everyone here." 

The automatic door opened and Rose heard laughter and chatter in the quite big room. It was something akin to a fighting stadium with health monitors and special training platforms. The voices quieted down. All eyes were now on Rose. They were probing, curios, friendly or neutral. Only one gaze was strange.

Hm? 

Rose didn't take away her hands from Mio's arm. She just raised her eyebrow at the red skinned girl in the front row. Her eyes were hostile towards her. I found my prey~.

Mio began introducing her with his friend and after a while it was the turn of that person. 

Mio: "Kelly. She was recruited into our division a year ago." 

 Kelly:  " Hi!", she smiled, but it didn't reach her eyes. " Wanna duel with me?" 

Mio looked with interest at Rose. Kelly was a youngest one in the division, but she was skilled in combat. He told Rose that there are two ways this interview works. First - they will use machines to determine her capabilities and after meeting certain standards she will pass. Second - real battle. After winning, others will shut their mouths and rankings will be determined every month by an evaluation of their complete missions and mock battles. 

Rose spent most of her time at home, so she wanted to know level of her skills in this world. Mio told her that this division specialized in raids, collecting information and defence. She was quite interested in that. 

" Okay~"

Crowd: "OOOOOOO!", with that they formed a circle for them. 

" Are there any rules? " 

The guy who became a judge: " No killing other than that everything is okay. You will continue till first blood." 

Rose licked her fang. " M'kay." 

Everyone, including her opponent had a strange expression on their faces except Mio. I did something rude? She looked at Mio for clarification. He stood there like a proud dad. Rose helplessly shook her head. 

Kelly: " Where are you looking, huh?", a strong right hook followed with a left front kick drew cheers from the crowd. 

Rose ducked, avoided her kick and sticked Kelly in the right knee with her heel. Kelly lost balance and staggered to the front for a second. Right at that moment Rose instead of her hands, used her foot, and did a roundhouse kick to her opponent's head and Kelly fell pretty hard on the floor. The world was fuzzy and her ears were ringing. She wiped her blood on the corner of her mouth and tried to stand up. She couldn't.

Rose turned to the judge. "Is this enough?" 

Judge: "Oh, er...yes! Welcome to the team Rose!", as he said that, the crowd cheered and some of them helped Kelly to go to the infirmary. " I'll help with paperwork. You can now go with Mio and he will show you around. Tomorrow you can officially work here. "

A figure on the observatory floor of this room exited the platform. Few minutes ago he got a notification saying that Rose was going to have mock battle, so he was interested in finding out more about his friend's daughter-in-law. 

Mio encaged her in his embrace. His gaze stopped over that fading figure for a sec. Mio: " You did great. And if you used your claws, you could've blinded her." 

" I know." 

" Suddenly I want to drink beer and hunt...", she said jokingly. 

Mio:  " It seems that I can now not work and be the housewife instead." 

Rose: " I would like to see you without anything except arpon~"

Mio bit her neck and tried to lessen his growing anxiety. 

----

-1: " That was dope!"

-5:  "Kelly was good too."

-2: " I saw that she drew her claws and wanted to use them but stopped."

-3: " Well, if she used them, Kelly would be disfigured."

-4: " Females are scary." 

-3: " Shut up." 

----

After showing her around and lunch in cafeteria, people went home, since there were no missions yet. 

Mio:  "How's my job place to you?  "

Rose:  " Cute." 

Mio:  "Cute?" 

Rose:  "Yeah. Everybody is too friendly and there is no bad blood between individuals. And it seems that there were no groups, like group of friends in that division of more than 20 people. Why is that?  "

Mio:  " You bring up such interesting questions. Ava's are independent people, we like to live with our families and there is a group actually. That 22 people are a group. Everyone knows each other and we do not tend to form smaller groups. I see no logic in that." 

Rose: "That's interesting concept. So Ava's are not highly social. Fine by me. " 

Everytime Rose said things like that- drawing a line between his kin and herself, Mio felt uneasy. As if Rose was ready to leave him every moment. He knew that he was drilling into that too much, but he couldn't stop himself. A warm hand cupped his cheek and the other pushed his hair back. 

Rose:  " What are you thinking with such a serious face? And I really think you should get a haircut. I can't see your expression clearly due to your bang." She kissed him on the cheek.

Instantly Mio felt relieved and got brave enough to tell her his thoughts. 

Mio:  "Rose, since you told me about your origins, I felt uneasy. I felt like part of you wants to go back to your world and leave me... Will you stay with me? "

Rose looked at Mio. Her gaze was ice-cold.