Part 6

---Tenji's POV---

I am worried about him. In the last report that I got from my secretary, he went missing for 2 days. I don't want the history to repeat...

The door opened and a pretty girl was looking at him.  

-: " Rose. Mio's mate. Nice to meet you. You are?" 

Tenji felt chill run own his spine. His eyes saw a harmless girl, but his senses were saying she is not what she showed outside. It was first time in his life, that he felt this kind of aura from a such young female. 

Wait, a mate? That raskal didn't tell me. As if he would, but she wasn't in reports, so he brought her in during his absence. 

"Hello. I'm Mio's father, Tenji. Likewise. May I enter?" 

She moved and respectfully gestured him to enter. She doesn't fear me. Mio found an interesting mate. 

Rose: " Sorry, there is no tea. Water, milk or juice?"

Tenji raised his brow in amusement. "Milk please." Rose gave him a warm milk, near room temperature. " Thanks." She is attentive. She will give him warmth than I, as a parent failed to give my son. 

An awkward silence rose in the kitchen, but both person seemed not to mind it. 

" This is for Mio and this is for you. Congratulations for both of you. Do not mind and call me if something happens. I think it is time for me to go. It was nice to meet you." 

Tenji gave Rose sealed file and card, seemingly with money in it, and stood up to go. 

Rose: " Let's go together I'll see you out." She took the keys and went out with Mio's slippers on, since all females and majority of males, that she saw, were in footwear. 

---

As they walked, Tenji decided to shed a light on Mio's past. "As far as I remember, Mio was a quiet child. Maybe because of us, his parents. We were in a loveless marriage. Then, when Mio was 13, the base was under attack, and his mother died. She was in wrong place in the wrong time at that moment. I blamed myself for not being capable enough general, as I was responsible for defence then, but time heals. Anyway, I like you, so feel free to contact me. My car is there. Take care."

Rose: " Bye." He is at least not indifferent to Mio, but I don't like him as a person, I don't know why. Mio should be home right now since he told me that he would be back before lunch. Does soldier's schedule this free? 

As Rose neared her home, she saw a figure. It was Mio. He was facing the opened door of the house. His back looked lonely. 

"Mio, I'm here!" 

The guy flinched and turned to her. " Rose, where have you been? Do not leave without telling please! What if you got lost? And I bought you device to call me only now." 

"Okay, okay~"

" My bad. I will notify you first. And I met with your dad after which I sent him off." 

Mio hugged her and said: " Do not meet with that guy when you're alone. Let's go in. I brought lunch." 

"Mhm." It seems that he is not okay.  

---A while ago---

*Riiiiiiiiiiiiing*

Mio pushed back his hair. His eyes were lifeless. A vein was bulging on his forehead out of anger. His private phone was ringing non stop. His few friends knew that he was busy around this time and if something was urgent they directly hologram-called to his office phone.