005 we mad-dog him

005we mad-dog him

005
we mad-dog him

"What the hell was that!?"

Pope threw his arms up, still soaked to the bone and fuming. He paced back and forth in front of the Pogues, minus Kiara. The others watched him with sullen expressions. Their clothes weren't the only thing drenched, but their moods were too.

After fleeing the scene, the Pogues took shelter in what looked to be a dumping ground beside the shore. Surrounded by debris and spare metal parts, they were hidden from plain sight but still not out of the woods.

"Why would they want to kidnap Kiara? It doesn't make any sense-"

"It's called bait," JJ interrupted, leaning against an abandoned shed.

Bianca could feel JJ's glare burning against her skin. Suddenly, the boy shot to his feet and punched the metal shed behind him. Bianca flinched without meaning to. She could tell he was furious, and not just with their unfortunate predicament but with her too.

"I mean, what were you thinking, Bianca!?" JJ's fists balled at his sides, the muscles in his arms taut. "They could've taken you too!"

"He would've drowned if we didn't go back for him, JJ," Her eyes remained trained on her hands in her lap, unable to meet his gaze.

JJ threw his arms up, "Yeah, well, now Kie's gone-"

"Are you saying this is my fault?" She finally lifted her narrowed eyes to match the heat in his.

The Pogues shared antsy looks, thoroughly uncomfortable with being wedged in between their lover's spat. If they interrupted, they risked being burned too but they also didn't have time to sit around and argue.

"No, but we're in the middle of Barbados with no money, no way home, and now, Kiara is missing," JJ exhaled sharply, shaking his head.

Honestly, Bianca wasn't really sure what she was thinking. She wasn't, she supposed. All she knew was that someone was injured and she needed to make sure they didn't drown. But she understood where JJ was coming from because he also infuriated her for the same reason— recklessly throwing his life away.