Chapter Four - The Hashira and Recovery

The next time I woke up it was day. I was outside a mansion. And I was surrounded by the Hashira. This was such a great day. My arms where tied behind my back. I could easily break the ropes. The question was. Should I. My eyes glanced at each Hashira. One at a time. My eyes flashed around. Looking for my brother. Closing my eyes. I sighed. I moved to my knees. I ignored the throbbing pain in my leg. I sat straight. Staring at the Hashira. My head tilted. "First. Are the others alright. Secondly that demon is my brother. He hasn't eaten a single being. And if he ever does I'll kill him myself. Followed by killing myself." After all. I'll only be reborn again. My eyes where still kind and gently. The Hashira began to debate on what to do.

I stayed silent. Until a white haired man arrived with my brothers box. I glared at him. He stabbed my brother. I broke my binds and moved. The man went to attack but I jumped. Then I head butted him. I grabbed onto my brother's box. Seconds later the master of the mansion arrived. I dodged the Hashira as he tried to force me to kneel. After dodging him I myself kneeled. The master looked to me. Finn arrived and landed on my shoulder. He spoke for a bit. I knew for a fact that the master knew who exactly I was. After the Hashira's gave there reply's. Then he looked to me. He gave the letter and when even that didn't work he gave me a small apologetic look before speaking. "It's lovely to finally meet you. Lady Natsumi. I hear you've once again ran into Kibutsuji." Shit. I through my head back as I groaned. That made them all look to me in shock. "It's been roughly five hundred years since your last life in the demon slayer corpse." I sighed.
"Wait! So you mean this woman here is the Natsumi. One of the three that created breathing techniques the only one who is known to have been given eternal reincarnation by the gods is here. Reincarnated." I glared. Annoyed. But alas that info didn't stop them from trying to get Nezuo from taking the bait. Of course he didn't. In fact he treated the man's wounds instead. I. In return stood up. I glared behind me.
"Though I'm a reincarnation. Currently I'm still a child. Just with the mind of a little over thirty hundred year old woman. Standing up I moved. Bringing my brother into his box. I was happy to see that he still had on his muzzle. He cleaned onto my sleeve. I smiled at the master. Still greatly annoyed that he gave away my secret. Followed by glaring at Finn.

I picked up Nezuo. Turning to leave. Stopping to kick the man with the scars. I sent him flying. And I smiled from ear to ear the whole time. Followed by leaving. Ignoring the fact that I'm leaving a trail of my own blood. Finn followed after us. Landing on my head. I then dropped Nezuo off in his own room. Closing the door so he can be left alone to sleep.

Not long after I got a letter. It was from this eras current master. He requested me to join the ranks of the Hashira once again. I declined the offer. Simple stating that though my mind and reaction is at that level my body has yet to catch up. Not only that but there is meant to be no more then. Nine Hashira. No more and no less. After having Finn send back my reply I went to continue my rehabilitation training. I've been doing it for a while now. I continued to train. Though my leg and other injuries have healed. All left scars. On across my eye. On across the bridge of my nose. On on my right cheek. Both my arms where covered in scars. Along with three scars on my left leg. Reaching from my upper thigh. Wrapping around my leg down to my ankle. I was once again training my body. Maybe. Hopefully by the end of this training my body will once again be one with my mind. Like it was five hundred years ago.

I was taking a small break when Shinobu came up to be. "Lady Natsumi. Correct."
"Tsukiko Kamado. That's my name in this life." She sat with me.
"What's it like." I looked at her. Confused. "Eternal reincarnation. Do you like it." I looked up.
"It's... complicated. I both love and hate it."
"Tell me more about your previous lives." I looked at her. Shocked. Then I looked up.
"I've had so many lives that I've lost track of how many I've had. Sometimes I was orphaned. Sometimes I had a family. But every time I was the eldest. In my first life I was named Suki. I was the best and first female doctor to have ever lived. I still am. Though my name is now but legend." Shinobu gasped.
"The Eternal Eclipse and the Demonic King..." I nodded. "I though that was a child's story."
"Why don't you tell me the story. Then I'll tell you what really happened." So she did.