Chapter 9

Rex

I ran outside towards the noise followed by the older lady. What I saw was Bobo sipping on a snow cone then I saw a woman who wore a portable tray that held the snow cones in place. Most likely she was the one that screamed and now she began throwing the snow cones at him.

He didn't even flinch when he saw some of them coming. Instead, he caught them with his hands and tasted them. I immediately went over to stand in front of him. I was angry that he would pull a stunt like that but now wasn't the time to reprimand him.

I held out my hands hoping the lady would stop "Calm down Everyone! He's harmless, Ow!"

One of the red snow cones hit me on the side of my head and drained down on my shirt. The girl that threw it said, "But it talks!"

"Yeah I know, it annoys me too but-" I replied but a man with dark and curly hair dressed in a black suit with a tie spoke. 

It was weird considering how warm it was but he interrupted. "Is it an Evo? I thought those things were no longer a problem."

I knew Bobo was not going to like that statement and he would overreact. Evo's were never really accepted even when they were everywhere. If I didn't retain my human look they would have treated me the same way. Since the cure only Bobo and I remained the same. It's like fate's way of telling me that I have no chance of a normal life.

 I opened my mouth to answer but the older lady spoke instead saying, "People please let's not make our guests feel unwelcomed. We will be happy to reimburse you for the snow cones. I'm sure Mr. Salazar will keep his chimp on a leash from now on to prevent any further mishaps."

The lady surprised me cause even though her voice was naturally soft that didn't stop her from speaking in our defense. It was loud enough for everyone to hear. Still, I knew that Bobo wouldn't like the idea of a leash. He just folded his arms and remained silent. Not sure if that was a good sign but it was probably best for this situation.

The older lady then came over to us and reached out for Bobo's hand. "Come on now, let's all go inside. You too, young lady so we can settle the expense." She took it and then said.

"Well if we're settling expenses I'll take two more snowcones with milk." What is wrong with him? We're being let off easy and he still has to push it.

The lady laughed a bit before saying, "I don't see why not. How about you Rex? It's really warm tonight and you had such a fright looking for your chimp. Come in and have a snow cone to celebrate. Now, why don't you tell me what your name is."

She now started talking to Bobo and I could tell he really loved the attention. That was actually really nice of that lady to do. If she didn't step in, we would have definitely overstayed our welcome already. I couldn't see the man in the suit that was just here, strange. Well, I really should get inside out of this heat. As I was walking to the doorway I remembered I had to check in with Six. I held the button of my earpiece communicator which dialed a direct line to get in touch with Six. The minute I heard his voice answer me as I was opening the door to the building, "I made it here in one piece."

"Acknowledged, have you made contact with any of the locals and/or persons of interest." was his reply.

 I responded with a remark that didn't exactly answer the question, "Well I made contact with some interesting locals so far. Does that count?"

Six ignored my response and I'm glad he did. If he didn't I wouldn't have to explain to him why they were interesting. He said, "It's your first day try your best to blend in with the crowd there. Keep Bobo on a tight leash and I don't just mean that hypothetically."

I nervously chucked when he said that as I was now fully aware of the trouble that we could get into. "Sure thing um, I'll check in with you when I have something. I still have to check into the villa and then maybe get my head examined tomorrow. Rex out."

I hung up immediately because I didn't want to explain the reason for that. OK, off to a rocky start but it'll all work out. I had stood some distance away as I spoke to Six but close enough where I could keep Bobo in my sight. I'll worry about getting suspects after but getting a snow cone right about now isn't a bad idea.