Chapter 11

Clovermist paced around the warrior's den, he was the only one inside. He was hoping to run into Coldsong, they've both been very busy lately with training and taking care of maintenance around the clan, they haven't any time to talk. Clovermist had been taking Rubblepaw on extra training missions considering he'll be a warrior soon, he wanted him to be the best he could be.

Time felt like it was flying, it only felt like yesterday when Rubblepaw became his apprentice, now soon he'll be his own warrior. His mind trailed to Flintkit and Russetkit, Bravehare's kits, Ghostglare told him that they were starting to talk now. Life seemed to be going by quick in the clan.

He stopped in his tracks as he heard cats approaching, his eyes glowed as he saw Coldsong and Cloudblink. He couldn't tell if they were covered in any snow, their pure white coats blended in so well.

"Clovermist!" Coldsong mewed, sprinting over and licking his ear.

"Great..." Cloudblink groaned before turning tail and heading the other direction.

Coldsong and Clovermist licked each other before finally speaking.

"How have you been? I miss you." Coldsong softly asked.

"I've been fine, just thinking about Rubblepaw becoming a warrior." He smiled.

"Oh wow, that's coming up, isn't it? I'm sure he'll be just as strong as you." She purred.

"Thanks, how have you been doing? Anything exciting?"

"Actually...maybe? I've had something on my mind for a while, and I wanted to talk to you about it. I talked to Cloudblink and it kind of set him off, but I wanted to get your opinion."

Now this interested Clovermist. He couldn't imagine how Cloudblink would be set off by her, they've never done anything to irritate each other.

"I'm all ears, what's bothering you?" Clovermist licked his paws.

"Well, I think I know how our mother is." She said bluntly.

Clovermist stared, not knowing what to say for a moment. "What? What do you mean your mom?"

"I mean, Cloudblink and I didn't just show up out of nowhere, we had a mom at some point. I don't really think about it, but something happened a couple of days ago, and now I can't stop thinking. You know how we were found in the Deadfields?"

Clovermist nodded.

"Well, we were hunting over there when we ran into a BrambleClan patrol, nothing hostile though. There were three cats, two I didn't recognize really, but the other was a long haired white she-cat like me, and she had Cloudblink's eyes. We stared at each other for a bit, before her patrol called her to move on. They called her 'Snowstream', and I think she's our mom." Coldsong sounded confident.

"There are a lot of white cats in the forest, could just be a coincidence." He didn't want her to get her hopes up with her theory.

"Yeah but when I looked at her, I felt like I knew her. As if we knew each other for a long time. She looked just like me, like I looked at my own reflection in the marsh. I told Cloudblink, and he didn't like the idea of knowing our mom, he said it didn't matter who she was since she abandoned us. I get it, but it would be nice to know. I wouldn't want to meet her or talk to her, I just...want to know."

"Well, do you have an idea of why she would abandon you?"

"Maybe, there are a lot of reasons. Maybe we're kits of an affair, or our dad is a medicine cat, or she just didn't want us. I'm just really curious, I never really put any thought into who my mom was."