Chapter 20. Regret.

Juice woke up with a pep in his step. He rolled over onto his back and spotted an arm - not just any arm - Happy's arm outstretched to him.

He looked at the sleeping man for a minute, before sitting up slowly. "Morning," he spoke casually, after he had realize Happy had awoken after Juice moved about.

"No more nightmares?" Happy asked, his voice deeper than usual.

"None." Juice smiled.

"I have club shit to take care of today." Happy cleared his throat as he sat up, climbing around Juice. He got himself dressed.

"Oh." Unable to hide his disappointment, Juice nodded and also got himself up and dressed. "Okay."

He really liked hanging out with Happy.

Happy brushed it off, "I'll drop you back at the club - I need my bike."

Juice nodded silently and followed Happy out to the truck immediately. Once they were sitting in the truck, Juice had found the nerve to speak up. "What do I do if it gets bad while you're gone?"

Happy shrugged, he didn't have a direct or healthy answer besides drink. But... he wouldn't let Juice go down that path. "Distraction." He spoke, "Maybe clean those cabinets again - reorganize. Whatever you do."

Juice hung his head silently for the rest of the ride. Once they reached their destination - of the shop, he looked at everyone who had been at their bikes and ready to go - just waiting on Happy.

"Am I going to be alone?" Juice asked as Happy got out of the truck. Happy shook his head with a blank expression, watching as Juice hopped out and walked towards the entrance of the garage.

Happy watched him go - then made his way over to the line. He found his motorcycle, started it up and hopped on.

When given the signal, he pulled out and followed the line ahead of him, regret heavy on his mind.