Chapter 16. No Sign

The clubhouse was calm, besides the loud rap music playing. The guys sitting at the bar, Juice sliding beers across the counters endlessly.  Juice ignored the pounding in his head and passed a beer to Jax, followed by Opie and Chibs.

Juice sighed and looked around the room,  hoping that he could spot Happy. Within a few minutes, he stopped looking and passed out more drinks. As some of the sons got up and walked away, Juice looked up and caught eyes with Chibs. He gave a slight smile and reached for his soda behind him to sip on.

"How ye doin', kid?" Chibs asked, staring down at the younger one who sipped on his soda. His eyebrows raised, one hand gripping his beer and the other outstretched on the countertop in front of him.

"Better," Juice answered and set his soda down in front of him, running a hand over his hair. "I feel great." He muttered and cracked a smile at Chibs before grabbing another beer out of the fridge. He slid it over the counter and collected the empty beer bottles, rinsing them out and putting them in the recycling bin.

Continuing to talk to Chibs, he wiped up the counter and hummed along to the music. Within a few minutes, the door of the clubhouse slammed open, echoing louder than the music. Juice visibly tensed and watched as Clay walked into the clubhouse, grabbing his usual drink as he sat down at the bar.

"Uh. . . Everything all right?" Juice asked cautiously as Clay started chugging his drink. He took a sip of his soda and then served the other members a drink before he stood in front of Chibs and Clay.

"What's wrong, brother?" Chibs asked Clay, who slammed his glass down in anger.

"We're out of guns."

Juice's eyes widened and he grabbed Clay another drink, sliding it over the counter. He watched as the two talked quietly amongst each other. Juice served some more drinks to the other members, then stepped away to let Chibs and Clay have their space.

Within a few minutes, Clay walked away and Juice walked back over to Chibs slowly. "Is everything alright?" He asked quietly, "I know it's not any of my business but-"

"We'll figure it out, Juice." Chibs stayed silent after that, taking a sip of his scotch. Juice knew he didn't want to say anymore, so he nodded and grabbed him another drink.  "Party's almost dying out." He muttered as he looked at his phone, checking the time.

Juice nodded simply and looked over at Chibs, not muttering a word.

"Why don't ya pack up and go back to your dorm?" Chibs said and flashed him a smile, "Ya look tired. Need some rest." He spoke and stood up from his seat and sipped on his drink.

"Are you sure?" Juice asked timidly, taking a sip of his soda and then dumping it out into the sink.

"Ya, go on." Chibs nodded and smiled over at the teen, then wiped down the bar. "Ya need to get some rest."

"Thank you." Juice responded and helped him wipe down the table, before stepping out from behind the bar and heading down the hallway towards his room.

As he climbed into bed, he took a breath as all his thoughts came running back. The night was when he got worse.