Be Good To Her

Be good to her and treat her right

Be the love don't be the fight

"What's up sarge?" Elliot said as he leaned against the doorframe. Bell had asked him to come talk to her before he left for the night, and he was honestly lost as to what she wanted to talk to him about. He hadn't done anything out of line recently, well that he could think of.

And give her all she'll ever need

Gotta hold her tight, gotta let her breathe

"Take a seat" she told him as she pointed to one of the chairs across from her desk. He walked over slowly and sat down, looking at her expectantly. She closed her laptop on which she had been working and looked down at her folded hands on the desk.

Make sure she knows she shines like gold

"What's going on between you and Captain Benson?" she asked him with a smirk on her face. "You asking as my friend or as my superior?" he asked her with an eyebrow raised. "As your friend" she said with a laugh. "Then we're...well I don't really know what to call what we're doing...it's complicated" he stammered. She laughed at his confused expression, as if he was trying to piece together a puzzle in his head. "You are involved though?" she asked him. He looked her in the eye for a moment "Yes Ayanna. Olivia and I are involved" he said with a sigh.

Be good to her and treat her right

"Well as your superior I have to tell you that you two will have to disclose sooner than later, especially with her position" she paused sighing. She smiled before she continued "but as your friend...it's about damn time" she said with a smile. Elliot let out a loud laugh as they both stood up to leave.

Four little words, be good to her

He turned around when he felt Ayanna put a hand on his shoulder. "Don't hurt her Stabler" she said to him. "I won't" he responded, not quite able to pinpoint her expression. "Promise me" she continued. With that he was able to decipher her expression. It was a look of loyalty and solidarity for not only a fellow officer but a fellow woman and single mom. "I promise" he swore to her, and she believed him.