The Test

Three weeks later I started to feel dizzy and I threw up. I called my mom later that night my mom said "Mom I think-I think I'm pregnant." My mom flipped out and said "Kayla what in gods name are you talking about your not even married. Why might you think your pregnant?" I was getting moody and tired so I said "Mom your not helping"
Then I hung up.

The next day I called Josh to my office. We really haven't talked since the night. He came in and said "Hey Kayla um.....do ya need something?" I got nervous and said "We should go out to lunch we need to talk."

Once we got to lunch Josh started shaking. I then said "Josh I think I'm pregnant." Josh laughed and said "Wow I guess you fuck with other dudes why you telling me this?" I took a deep breath and said "No I'm not like that. Your the first person I had it with." Josh just started at me and said "Whoa dude chill if you want me to act like your baby father I will but i ain't with that shit." I took another deep breath and said "JOSH WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING BOUT YOU ARE MY BABY'S FATHER." I can't believe it I just cussed. I prayed to god then said "Sorry it's just I don't know." Josh came over and hugged and said "I'm Sorry too." He then kissed me on the check.

A week later I had a doctors appointed and my mom came down to help. As the doctor was talking my mom was crying.

Once we got back to my house my mom. Said "I can't believe you Kayla you aren't even married." I walked over to my mom and said "Mom please don't be sad. I'm not going to tell anyone anything, I guess I'm going to move when people start notching. My mom said "Kayla you can't do that you worked to hard for that job." I told my mom I need space and walked in my room.

The next morning I called Josh to come over for lunch so he could meet my mom. so I took a quick shower and started making Mac and cheese with string beans. My mom came out the room and said "I didn't know you knew how you cook." I laughed and said "well don't get used to it I'm only doing it because Josh is coming over for lunch.