Chapter 10: The Scar / La Cicatrice

The twins:

---

Chapter 10:

The Scar / La Cicatrice

Trigger Warnings: Panic Attack / mention of self harm / PTSD / Hurt AND comfort

"Ah-choo!" I sneeze and immediately wrap my arms around myself, shivering in the chilly autumn air.

Ominis is standing next to me and notices my discomfort. He places his left arm lightly on mine and asks, "Are you cold?"

"Yeah, I'm not used to this weather yet!" I start rubbing my legs together, realizing that I should have worn pants instead of a skirt.

"Why didn't you take your robe?" Al asks, one eyebrow raised inquisitively.

"I didn't think we would be going outside," I reply with a sigh.

We were on the front lawn of the school, practicing some rudimentary spells to warm up. Exam block was just a couple of days away, and Professor Hecat was making sure we were prepared for it. She had us practicing tirelessly, almost as if we were preparing for the next wizarding war.

Ominis offers me his own robe, draping it over my shoulders with care. "Here, wear mine," he says.

"Are you sure? You won't be cold?" I ask, looking at him. He's wearing his usual preferred uniform, the more formal and elegant one with the plaid jacket. The soft teal color brings out his eyes nicely. But I wonder if it's warm enough for him without the robe.

But he reassures me with a smile, "I'll be fine, don't worry. I don't want you to catch a cold." He gently closes his robe around me, taking care not to brush against anything. Ominis is always mindful of his movements.

"Thank you, Ominis! It's so warm!" I say with gratitude as I slip my arms through the sleeves of his robe. His scent envelops me, and I find myself enjoying its gentle aroma. I rub my arms, trying to shake off the chill, but I can't help but sneeze again.

"I can't believe how cold it is in this country!" I exclaim with a shiver, my breath visible in the air.

"Just wait until the first snowfall," Sebastian teases, a mischievous glint in his eye.

I rub my arms to generate some warmth and feel Al's tentative touch on my hands. "I'm not sure I'm ready for that," I admit, my teeth chattering slightly.

"Bloody hell! You're ice cold," he exclaims, surprised at how chilly my skin is.

"I know," I reply, continuing to rub my arms.