Ch 38: laughing

Sonic tackled shadow playfully causing shadow to laugh and smile. Sonic blushed looking up and realizing how much he loved shadow. Shadow noticed Sonics expression and got up brushing himself off. "What's wrong, Sonic?" he asked, looking at him quizzically.

Sonic shifted uncomfortably, avoiding Shadow's gaze. "I don't know, Shads. I just feel like maybe I'm pushing things too far sometimes. I mean, I know you love me, but I don't want you to feel like I'm taking advantage of you or anything."

Shadow put a hand on Sonic's shoulder, feeling a wave of affection wash over him. "Sonic, you could never take advantage of me. I love being with you, and I love the way you make me feel. I just want to make sure that we're both on the same page, that's all."

Sonic nodded, looking relieved. "Yeah, I know what you mean. I just don't want to mess things up between us, you know?"

Shadow smiled, leaning in for a kiss. "You could never mess things up between us. We're in this together, and we'll make it work no matter what."

As they kissed, Shadow felt a sense of contentment wash over him. He knew that with Sonic by his side, he could conquer anything. They might have their ups and downs, but they would always come back to each other in the end.

As they broke apart, Sonic grinned mischievously. "So, you wanna come inside and have some real fun?"

Shadow rolled his eyes, but couldn't help but smile. "You're such a flirt, Sonic. But yeah, I could go for some more fun."

And with that, they headed inside, ready to continue their playful flirting and affectionate banter. They might not know exactly what the future held, but they knew that as long as they were together, they could face anything that came their way.