Ch 44: I Loved you!!

Shadow and Sonic were sitting on a bench in the park, enjoying each other's company. They had been flirting with each other, lost in their own little world, when suddenly Amy appeared, tears streaming down her face.

Sonic immediately jumped up, trying to comfort her, but Amy pushed him back, her eyes blazing with anger and hurt. Shadow stood up, snarling, his hands balled into fists.

Sonic grabbed Shadow's hand, trying to calm him down, but Shadow hissed at him, asking Amy what her problem was.

"What's going on, Amy?" Sonic asked, his voice filled with concern.

Amy glared at Sonic, her fists clenched at her sides. "I loved you, Sonic," she yelled. "And you never even noticed me! But now you're with Shadow? How could you do this to me?"

Sonic looked at Amy, his heart heavy with guilt. He knew that Amy had feelings for him, and he had never meant to hurt her. But he couldn't help the way he felt about Shadow.

"Look, Amy," Sonic said gently. "I'm sorry if I hurt you, but Shadow and I are together now. And I care about him a lot."

Shadow's grip on Sonic's hand tightened, and he stepped forward, his eyes flashing with anger. "You need to back off, Amy," he growled. "Sonic is with me now, and we're happy together. You need to respect that."

Amy looked at Shadow, her eyes filling up with tears once again. She realized that she had lost Sonic to Shadow, and there was nothing she could do about it.

"I understand," she said quietly, wiping away her tears. "I'm sorry for interrupting your time together. I'll leave you two alone now."

And with that, Amy turned and walked away, leaving Sonic and Shadow alone on the bench. Sonic wrapped his arms around Shadow, holding him close.

"I love you, Shadow," Sonic whispered. "I'm sorry you had to see that."

Shadow leaned into Sonic's embrace, feeling a sense of relief wash over him. He knew that Sonic loved him, and nothing could change that. And as they sat there, watching the sunset together, Shadow knew that he was the luckiest hedgehog in the world to have Sonic by his side.