Ch 43: Unexpected Flirt

A few hours later, Sonic and Shadow were hanging out with Sonic's friends. They were having a good time, chatting and laughing, when Sonic gave Shadow a flirtatious smirk.

Shadow rolled his eyes, used to Sonic's constant flirting, and returned the smirk with one of his own. Sonic's face turned red with surprise, and he jumped a little before quickly composing himself.

Sonic smiled at Shadow and leaned in, whispering in his ear, "You should smile more, Shadow. It makes me want to kiss you."

Shadow felt his face heat up at Sonic's words, and he couldn't help but blush. He tried to hide his embarrassment, but Sonic noticed and couldn't resist teasing him.

"Aw, Shadow, you're blushing," Sonic said with a grin. "You're so cute when you're flustered."

Shadow scowled at Sonic but couldn't help the small smile that tugged at the corners of his mouth. Sonic always had a way of making him feel special, even when he was being annoying.

As they continued to hang out with Sonic's friends, Shadow found himself feeling more and more comfortable around them. He realized that Sonic's friends were accepting of their relationship and genuinely liked him as a person.

It was a good feeling, knowing that he had Sonic's support and the support of his friends. And as Sonic leaned in to steal a kiss from him, Shadow knew that he was truly happy with Sonic by his side.