(Vol.2)Chapter 21: Doppelganger

Y/n's PoV:

Mumei, Pomu, And I walk through the decimated city block as I was walking a few steps ahead, Mumei was in the middle between Pomu and me.

It was a bit quiet until Pomu suddenly asked me a question.

"Hey, Y/n, why did you pick Me and Mumei?" Pomu asked with a hint of curiosity, Which made me pause for a bit to think.

'Why did I...?' I asked myself as Mumei snapped me out of my thoughts by pinching me.

"You didn't think this through, didn't you?" Mumei deadpanned as I began to walk beside her.

"Maybe, Maybe not. Who knows?" I quickly blurted out Random bullshit out of my mouth.

"Y/n, You're just trying to make me get along with her, Right?" Pomu asked.

"I ain't denying it, but It's not the main reason." I told her.

"What is it then?" Mumei asked.

"Well... I thought that your Manifestation magic would work well with Pomu's... Puff magic?" I said. Pomu and Mumei looked at me with a 'Are you serious?' look.

"Puff magic? Really?" Pomu said, a bit offended.

"I've never seen you fight before, so I never got to see what your magic is..." I told her. Pomu looked a bit disappointed but she forgave me eventually.

"*Sighs*... I use sound Manipulation..." Pomu said.

"Oh, Really? That's pretty neat." Mumei commented.

"How do you use it?" I asked her as Pomu sticks her hand up and snapped her fingers.

But when she snapped it, It didn't make any sound.

"Noise cancellation?" Mumei asked.

"Mhm, I use it to cancel out the claps of my asscheeks when I try to sneak around places." Pomu said.

"What asscheeks?" I asked her while looking at her butt.

"Go to hell, Y/n." Pomu flipped me off.

"Rude." I told her.

"No fighting please, We need any manpower we have to deal with whatever this mess is." Mumei tried to stop them from fighting.

"Fine." Pomu and I said.

We decided to get to the high ground for a better view, as we go from rooftop to rooftop, we see something that might be a problem.

It's a creature that has three faces Three on its head, and one on the torso, it has a lank and tall body type with its pale white, Skeleton-like appearance.

"Oh god, What is that thing?" Pomu looked at the creature with a bit of fear in her eyes.

"It looks like a Type-Null..." Mumei muttered.

"A Type-Null?" Pomu asked.

"A Typr-Null is one of many variations of anomalies, this one specialized in Speed and Mana manipulation. It's also Blind and relies on sound to locate its prey." Y/n said as Pomu nods her head and asked.

"How do we beat it?" Pomu asked.

"Well, There's three of us and one of him, we should sneak up on it with Pomu's Noise cancellation jump it." Mumei suggested.

"A bit risky, but It's better than nothing." Y/n said. We silently went down as Pomu activates her Sound cancellation technique.

We snuck up on it as we hold our positions around the Type-null anomaly.