Chapter 5: Catherine

Walker's POV

I felt bad that I had to do things this way but it was an order and I had to follow it.

I didn't know much about her but I knew she was important. Not only did she seem important, lets just say, she seemed different.

I mean the way she was yelling and spinning, it looked like she was having the time of her life. Weird, isn't it?

The boss told me to watch out for her, but what really could a Strigoi like her do? She wasn't an elder, just a plain, old Strigoi.

I slightly turned to check on the passed out Strigoi, still keeping my eyes on the road.

The base was still hours away and I didn't want her waking up. She wouldn't be able to do anything of coarse, I just wasn't in the mood for a fuss.

But what still concerned me was the fact she was still not waking up. We had driven for 6 hours straight since I caught her and still no consciousness.

Hopefully I didn't use too much tranquilizer. I mean I used enough to knock out atleast a pony. But she seems alot smaller, no lighter, than a pony. Shit, did I kill her? Archer will be furious if I did. I mean, you can't blame me, i've only ever worked with Lycanthrope, I have no experience with Strigoi. But she shouldn't have been out for so long.

She worried me so I pulled over to check on her. I stepped out of the car and went over to her car door. I opened it and out she went, out of the seat and onto the ground.

Shit, can I be any more obscene?

I quickly pulled her up and set her back in the seat. Still nothing, not even the fall woke her up. I crouched down to get at her level and I gave her soft slap's on her face.

"Uhm, Strigoi? Are you nice and rested yet? Uh you don't have to wake up, you know? Just stay alive. Well okay, there's no use for this, I guess." I said with an uneasy tone.

I promptly got back in my seat and continued driving.

□■□

Catherine's POV

I laid there hidden between the fallen leaves. My finger's were so cold that I couldn't feel them anymore. Mom, was right, I did need my mittens. But no time for that now, I was winning.

"Come on, Cat, come out. I can't find you." Said a teasing voice as I giggled in amusement.

"Hmm, what's that noise? Is it the little, snickering, bunny?" Said the voice cheerfully.

" No, it's kitty Cat, not bunny." I yelled with glee as I rose from my hiding spot.

As I rose, I examined the area trying to find where the voice was coming from. It happened to sound oddly familiar. It was like I heard it before, I just couldn't remember who it belonged to.

As I looked around I saw many trees, I was in a forest. The ground was filled with piles of autumn leaves. But as I continued searching, the voice was no where to be found.

And I felt disappointment ease into me. I really wanted to know who it was. The voice just made me feel so happy. Not only did it make me feel happy, it made me feel safe. Like I wasn't alone anymore, I had someone at my side.

I slowly got up from my spot, to search for the voice again.

" Kitty, Kitty, Kitty. Kitty cat." The voice yelled out joyfully.

I quickly turned. It was coming from right behind me. Without any question I ran to it. As I continued running, the scenery changed.

I was now on a road. I know this road. I continued walking down the road with curiosity running through my vein's. I looked up and spotted a blue minivan. A pit hit my stomach. I knew exactly where I was. Tears filled my eyes and I struggled to breathe. I was in the place where I lost the last thing in my life.