Chapter 11: Finding Catherine

Omega

The Alpha commanded his beta to start the car, "We can't leave Catherine in there." I said holding back the beta, instantly regretting it as I realized that I was out stepping my boundaries.

But before I could do anything else, I was thrown outside by a strong force, landing on the hard road covered with snow.

"You son of a bitch!" The beta yelled kicking me in the stomach.

The Alpha made his way to us as the beta repeatedly kicked my side. I looked at him for help, but he didn't even bother to acknowledge me.

I received blow after blow, once the beta calmed himself down, he lifted me by the collar.

The Alpha removed his sun glasses, revealing his empty eye sockets and the scars around his eyes. The beta brought me closer so that I was face to face with the Alpha.

He never quite told us what had happened to him. Well, the older pack members knew but they never dared to speak about it. He used it as some sort of intimidation.

He had two ugly holes where his eyes were supposed to be, he always wore dark glasses to cover them up. There were scars surrounding the area around his eyes, like they were clawed out. The rest of his face was rough and had various bumps on it, showing all the hardship he had gone through.

His scars showed pain, and he showed strength against that all, that was why he was intimidating.

"Listen to me," he spat out "the only reason you are here is because the rest of the pack is dead. My warriors are dead, my third in command is dead, anybody of importance is dead or badly injured. Not even for a second dare think that you are our equal because we allowed you to help on this mission. You are still an omega and we are still your superiors." The Alpha cleared out in a cold tone.

The beta let go of my collar as the Alpha placed his sun glasses back on. My legs went weak and I went falling back onto the ground. They chuckled at me, getting back in the car and urging me to get back in too.

I gathered my strength and my courage, standing up and trying not to fall. "Since I am not of importance, then I won't go with you. I won't go back to being treated like a piece of crap. I don't need you shits." I yelled out as they came back out surrounding me.

The beta shoved my back but I kept my balance.

"What do you think you're going to do out on your own? You wouldn't last a day before the kynigos killed you." The Alpha said in a bitter tone.

"I'm no longer part of your pack, don't worry I'll be fine." I spat back.

"Lone wolves don't survive too long, you know that pup." The beta commented.

"I won't be on my own. I'll have Catherine. We'll survive together." I blurted out hearing a growl from the Alpha.

I knew I had caused her harm but I felt some kind of connection to her, like we were destined for something. I wanted to be with her for her journey. I didn't want to be alone and I know she didn't neither.

"You will ruin things, you child. Don't bother searching for her!" The alpha yelled.

"You can't tell me what to do anymore!" I yelled back even louder.

I was sent flying, crashing against a tree immediately afterwards. The Alpha was furious, beating me like a mad man.

I managed to get out of the cross fire, not waiting a single second before I ran into the woods.

I darted through the crunching snow, dodging branches, and trees. I didn't even dare look back even though I didn't think they were following me.

I knew exactly where I was going, back to the coven. They could help, they'd be on my side. They weren't too far away from the crossroads.