💙 ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 9

"The Cove of Ancestors, where the spirit tree lies... It is a sacred place. Our sanctuary," Tsireya smiled.

"So... your temple?" Hazel asked, drawing all eyes to her.

"What's a temple?" Tuk asked.

"It's probably safer not to ask, Tuk," Neteyam advised, adjusting her small hand to his shoulder as she stood still behind him on the ilu.

"Ayavi only speaks nonsense," he continued, glaring at Hazel.

Hazel rolled her eyes. "You can keep quiet. I'm still mad about what you did."

"What did he do?" Kiri asked, concern in her eyes.

"He pulled my—"

"Nothing," Neteyam blurted, cutting Hazel off. "She's just delusional like always."

"I'll send you to your Eywa," Hazel uttered, glaring at him.

"Whoa, whoa, hey now," Loak raised his hands to indicate peace. "Tsireya's taking us to meet Eywa anyway."

"I don't think that's what Ayavi meant, brother..." Kiri murmured.

"Yeah, dude," Aonung nodded as he placed a hand on Loak's shoulder. "Bestie's aiming for the kill."

"See? Bestie gets me," Hazel said, high-fiving Aonung as the latter laughed.

"Aw, but why do you want to kill Netty?" Tuk pouted. "He's such a good brother to me!"

"Okay, stop. No one is going to kill anyone," Tsireya sighed in frustration. "Come, let us leave."

Hazel glanced at Neteyam, his face displeased when she met his gaze. In irritation, she averted her gaze first as he narrowed his eyes.

She didn't kill him last night for pulling on her hair, which was unexpected. But if he tried it again, she would make sure to break his hand.

They journeyed through the waters and protruding rocks until they reached a breathtaking panorama.

Hazel looked up at the floating mountains in the sky and couldn't believe what she saw. It was similar to the forest where the Sullys resided before coming here.

"Come, this way," Tsireya beckoned, advancing forward.

Hazel's gaze fell on Neteyam as he marveled at the view above him, smiling in awe. Then he looked down, meeting her eyes, and when she smiled at him, his smile disappeared.

Gritting his teeth, he turned his attention elsewhere. So Hazel rolled her eyes in response.

Who would have thought that her cold-hearted betrothed could smile so innocently?

"We are here," Tsireya said, pointing to a large glowing tree beneath the water. "This is the spirit tree, our sacred place. Follow me, everyone."

Without further ado, she disengaged her queue from the ilu and dived underwater as Kiri, Tuk, and Aonung followed after her.

However, Hazel remained perched on her ilu, uncertain on her face.

"Nuh-uh, no way, nope. I'm not going down there," she said, shaking her head.

Neteyam rolled his eyes at her. "Have fun being up here alone."

"Come on, we'll go together," Loak said, extending his hand out to her. "Just take my hand."

In disbelief, Neteyam looked at his brother.Taking Loak's hand, Hazel gulped nervously as he guided her underwater.

Neteyam followed after them in irritation, his gaze fixed on Hazel. In front of Hazel, Loak demonstrated how to attach her queue to the tree.