All For The Game Trigger Warnings

Hey, are you feeling alright? Okay, sit down. Get yourself a blanket and cuddle up if it's cold out. If it's warm out, enjoy the sunlight! Maybe you're huddled beneath a blanket to wait out a thunderstorm. Wherever you are, make sure you feel safe because these next two posts are going to be a little heavy. Minor spoilers ahead.

In preparation for my next post I would like to do a more extensive trigger warning for All For The Game. It is an excellent series and I love reading books by other a-specs, but for people with past trauma it may not be safe.

If you have trauma from dealing with past experiences with rape, violence, abuse, drug and alcohol abuse, murder, self harm, or homophobia, read the trilogy ONLY IF you feel absolutely certain that this will not affect your well being. I have not had to deal with any of this in the past and there were some scenes in the book that made me uncomfortable.

Throughout the series Neil Josten experiences torture multiple times, is force fed drugs despite refusing to take them, has been abused by his mother and father, and in a minor (but no less important to acknowledge) way he did do self harm at one point in the second book after the thanksgiving dinner. Andrew explicitly mentions when he was sexually assaulted and so does Renee. Matt and Aaron suffered from drug addictions and Kevin is an alcoholic. Seth openly says homophobic things in the first book , Aaron treats Nicky as less than human because he doesn't support his cousin's sexuality, and Nicky's own parents refuse to speak to him for the bulk of the series.

It has a wonderful found family trope, a slow burn romance that you don't necessarily notice is happening until the confession, and an amazing underdogs to champions tale. But please, please don't force yourself to read this book if you do not feel safe.

No book series is more important than your own well being. Please stay safe.