Seven

Chapter 7

Katherine's POV :

"Okay, kids, instead of detention we have a new activity." I looked at Sammy, then at the teacher, raising my eyebrows. That'll be interesting.

"What kind of activities ..?" Sam asked, keeping his eyes on Mrs. Payton . Mrs. Payton chuckled, then opened the door, leaving in front of us a classroom bigger than usual, filled with children who did not seem older than 6 years. I widened my eyes and I took a step back.

"CHILDREN ?! Are you kidding? You have to be kidding! "I made a puppy face, and Sam joined me. The teacher looked strangely at us, then, without saying anything, she pushed us inside and closed the door. I looked at Sammy, and he copied my movement. I leaned against the door, looking at the disaster in the class. Paint all over the place, including children, the flowers were torn in a pot and a child was eating chalk. Wait what? No, child, no chalk eating in here.

"Hey, give that to me!" I tooked the chalk from his hand and the rest of the pieces and put them on a high shelf where they can not reach. He glared at me, then blew the dust of chalk that remained in his mouth. "That was not very nice of you!" I rubbed my eyes, and he showed me his tongue, then fled. I rolled my eyes and I turned around, hitting me on Sam's chest.

"He doesn't like you." He said laughing. I huffed and crossed my arms on my chest.

"Well, I do not like him either." He rolled his eyes playfully and I hit him in the shoulder.

"Wow, five minutes in the same room and we haven't argued yet." He made a shocked expression, and I rolled my eyes. I stepped aside and I sat on one of the chairs, looking out the window to the school parking lot. The class was downstairs, I didn't have an excellent view, but I noticed Nate, Jennifer and Cameron. Before opening the window, I felt a kick on my thigh. I turned and saw a small boy who was holding his finger raised. I raised an eyebrow.

"Now That the spider bit me, will I become like Spiderman?" He asked and I could see the hope in his eyes. Sorry to ruin the child's dreams, but I'm realistic.

"No. Now you will die. "I replied nonchalantly and I immediately could hear his hysterical crying. After he left, I opened the window, searching the 3 of them.

"Nate!" I shouted, and he raised his head and hit me in the chin. I massaged the injured area, as well as him, then I leaned over the sill and I saw Jennifer and Cam. "What are you doing here?" I asked, continuing to rub my chin.

"Apparently, I was sitting on the border." Nate replied.

"Please get me out of here!" I begged. Jennifer raised herself from the curb.

"What are you doing here? Are you alone? " She climbed up on the outside edge of the building and looked in the class. "CHILDREN ?! Girl, we need to get you out of here. "I laughed. "You can jump." I stood on the ledge, then jumped, reaching near Nate who took me in his arms.