Eight

Chapter 8

Nash's POV:

I started playing with the pencil while looking out the window towards the courtyard of the school. Matt was running and behind him was Andrea who seemed very angry. Shortly after appeared Sam, Nate, Johnson and Katherine. All of them were wet from head to toe. Cameron caught them immediately after. I shook my head, but before I looked back I saw Kian and Jennifer. Jenn had her back against the wall, and Kian holds her wrist. They exchanged glances, then Jenn probably gave him an acidic reply because Kian let her go. I frowned, then ran my hand across the face, returning my gaze again towards the film projected on the wall.

...

I winced, escaping the book when the locker door was smashed violently. Jennifer. I tensed my jaw. She looked angry and her hair is still wet.

"I want you to help me." She said.

I watched her a few seconds, then I frowned confused. "Me?" Jenn approved. "How can I help you?" Jennifer looked around, then approached me.

"Not here. Come! "She grabbed my arm, and began to pull me after her.

...

"No way!" I shouted at her.

"You have to! You compete with me and I'll let you win! "She caught my shoulders, looking at me with hope in her eyes. I gulped, then sighed loudly. I took a step back and ran my hand through my hair.

"What actually Kian wants from you?" I asked her, and she clenched her jaw.

"It's none of your business." She replied with arrogance, crossing her arms on her chest. "So, do you participate or not?"

"I don't want to die, you know .. And the jumps you make are sure pure death." Jenn rolled her eyes, then she smiled sprightly.

"You'll impress Katherine If you participate in the race." she approached me, smiling in the corner of her mouth.

"She won't come to your races, I will not impress anyone." I answered seriously.

"Good, then I'll just ask her to participate." She turned to leave, but before she left out the door she looked back at me. "You lose a chance for a new life. Not all chances are offered like this. "I tensed my jaw, then I watched her go.

...

Cameron's POV:

I put my elbows on the table, frowned to a fixed point. Katherine and Nate were sitting next to me, talking who knows what. I took a dose from the table, pulling it towards me and I squeezed it in my hand. I tensed my jaw, starting to squeeze increasingly the dose in my hand. The bastard. What is he thinking? Since when he's on their side? Anger overtook me and I continued to gather the dose until I felt something cold and wet gushing everywhere. I turned my gaze to the smashed dose and left it on the table.I got up. I looked at my hand. Blood mixed with fizzy liquid. I couldn't figure out where the wound is. I groaned.

Katherine and Nate looked at me worried until Kath got up and stared at the disaster on the table. SHe looked back at me and her eyes fell on the drops of blood that trickled down my fingers. She looked confused.

"Nate, you clean here, we'll be right back." Nate stood, listening to her, and I felt a catch on my other hand, pulling me to the bathroom, I think.

Once inside, I sat on the edge of the tub and watched her. She took two bottles and some bandages from the cupboard, then came toward me. She left them on the sink stand.

"Wash your hand." I leaned over and opened the tub faucet, putting my hand under the cold running water and my face distorted in pain. After I finished, Katherine wiped my hand gently with a towel.

"What happened, Cam?" She asked as she sat in front of me, pouring some solution on one of the bandages. She began to gently pat my wound, disinfecting it. I retreated my hand involuntarily because of the pain. "Sorry .."

"Fucking Kian tangled with the other gang." I replied, feeling the anger makes its appearance again. "And he forced Jennifer to participate in a race, and if she wins, she will be a part of their gang. He gave her no choice. He said that if she refuses he'll begin to attack all her relatives, then he'll end with her. "I looked down.

"I'm kind of new around here, so you have to explain to me what's with this 'gang'." She got up and threw the used cotton in the trash, then took the other bottle.

"This town has two parts. We are the West side, and they are the East side. We never walks in each others territory. The limit is the cars parts factory. We have never been friends and I do not think we will be, but Kian apparently befriended them and want to celebrate. Friday night is a party on the track. First is the race where Jenn participates, then the party moves to the house of their boss. "I said, running my other hand over my face. Katherine finished to bandage my hand, then stood up, looking at me confused. She put the bottles back and threw the used cotton, then turned to me.

"But what if Jennifer doesn't win the race, they will still take her to their side?" She asked suddenly, and I winced.

"Jennifer never loses." I replied, frowning.

"But what if she loses," she raised her voice, and I looked at her. "There will be nothing happening, right?"

"I guess .." I said, slightly incredulous.

"Then all you have to do is to find someone to beat her at the race." She said, putting her hands on her hips. I raised an eyebrow at her. She giggled.

"Or we make her lose."