HonDeac: Choices, choices, choices

Author's Note: Ever wondered how can Deacon look so relaxed in S.W.A.T? The man does have four kids and a household! Well, it's because he knows he has teammates that he can trust, even when things get tough at home. Read to find how one of them became a close ally, both in and out of work!

***

"Ok, so...hot pink, light terracotta or mint green?"  Deacon asked, holding up three cards from the paint pallet.

In the middle of paperwork, it seemed like the right time to take a break. Luca, Hondo and Chris stared at the older officer with a frown. An awkward moment of silence went by, as all three stared at the paint colors shown by a frustrated Deacon.

"Choices, choices, choices" Luca lamented, shaking his head slowly. 

"I personally like the green." Chris said, with a light shrug.

"Me too. It's different." Luca agreed, nodding his head.

"Y'all, she's a girl! You gotta give her the pink!" Hondo said frowning.

"C'mon, Hondo! That sounds sexists! Colors don't define gender." Chris snapped, rolling her eyes and sighing dramatically.

"Guys, c'mon! Please help me out! I need to make a decision" Deacon said, rolling his eyes.

"I ain't saying that." Hondo snapped back, turning towards the female officer.

"Guys, c'mon! Annie wants me to finish both walls this weekend. I gotta get the colors tonight if I want to get an early start tomorrow." Deacon said annoyed.

THUD THUD

"Nobody's going home!" Buck called from the entrance of the space. Everybody turned to him, as the leader of the squad stared angrily. "Three dead and two cops got shot in the middle of a mass riot downtown. Police are trying to contain the push and 50 squad is backing up. They need assistance catching the pricks who opened fire. We don't go home til we corner them. Suit up!"

They jumped to their feet and sped to the locker room. The team raced over to the locker room and then out the door.

"Buck!" Hicks called.

The supervisor met with him in the middle room while the rest of the team finished setting up the vehicle and weaponry. As soon as Hicks explained their approach, Buck raced down to the garage area. There he met with the rest and as they rode to the address given, he explained the instructions.

"Alright, everybody clear on their assignments?" Buck called once finished, while his body shifted back and forth because of the road.

"Yes, sir!" answered the rest of the passengers.

"Luca, how long?" he called from the back.

"Six minutes out, boss!" Luca responded loudly from the driver's seat.

An hour later...

"Nice shot, Chris!" Luca said, while offering his fist to her.

She responded to the gesture with a quick smile. "Thanks!"

The group came in to the main floor, still with the lingering smell of lead and explosives. It had been an eventful mission, but thanks to an amazing sniper shot by Chris, they were able to jump in and dilute the chaos. A car was confiscated with more than a dozen automatic riffles, each with several boxes of ammo. Seven perps were detained and a dozens civilians were rescued.