Rory's Return

About a week after Sectionals, Kitty and I were standing at my locker. I was collecting my books when Kitty jabbed me in the ribs with her elbow.

"Ow!" I hissed. "What was that for?"

"Look over there," she said and pointed to something. I turned to see Mr. Schue talking to a boy. He was tall with brown hair and not bad on the eyes if I do say so myself.

"I haven't seen him before," I said. "Who is it?"

"I have no idea," Kitty said. "But he's hot!"

I shot her a glare. "Boyfriend, remember?"

"Oh come on! You cannot look me in the eye and say that you don't find him attractive."

I rolled my eyes and closed my locker door. "Maybe he's new here or something. I'm sure we'll meet him later. Come on, we're gonna be late for class and having to re-do my Senior year is not on my agenda."

After school that day, Ryder and I were walking to Glee club together.

"You didn't happen to have a new kid in your class today, did you?" I asked. I hadn't seen that boy from that morning all day, but I did hear some other people talking about a new kid from Ireland.

"Yeah, I did," Ryder replied. "He's actually a pretty cool guy."

We turned into the choir room. Everyone was minding their own businesses, except for Candy, Katherine and Kameron, who were dreamily staring at the boy from that morning, who was standing at the front of the room looking at something.

"And there he is," I whispered to Ryder and went to sit down next to Kitty. "Learn anything?"

"His name is Rory Flanagan, he's from Ireland and he's a former exchange student from back when the original New Directions were in school. He has to re-do his Senior year, so he's transferring back to McKinley because his parents thought it would be better for him."

I stared at my best friend for a moment before saying, "Stalk much?"

"I know people," she replied. "Hey, you asked."

"I was asking if you knew his name, not his whole freaking life story."

"Okay guys," Mr. Schue said, calling the attention of the room. "This is Rory. He's a former exchange student and New Directions member. He just transferred back and wanted to re-join the New Directions."

"Sounds great, Mr. Schue, but we don't need any new members," Jake pointed out.

"What's wrong, Jacob? Worried the new guys gonna take your spotlight?" Marley asked. She really seemed to hate him after what he did to her.

"If it's okay with you, Mr. Schue, I'd love to do a quick number," Rory said. Man, his accent was sexy. Marcia! You have a fiancé!

"If you want to, Rory. Be my guest," Mr. Schue said.

Rory gave him a smile and nodded to the band. They began to play.

Rory:
"Live your life to the full
With a lifetime of smiles
Made us know right from wrong
Always knowing a lie
You made us be tough
But never too rough
Rise above what you said
Never easily lead

And one day we'll all sing along

Cause this is your song
I wrote it for you
It won't take all day
Just a minute or two
You were a friend
Walk with you till the end
And one day we'll all sing along
Cause this is your song"

"His voice," Katherine swooned.

"It's so," Kameron added.

"Beautiful," Candy finished.

Ryder, Kitty and I raised an eyebrow at the three starstruck girls who looked as if they just seen a member of One Direction or something. Kitty and I shared a look before silently chuckling.

Rory:
"So I'll try and go on
Loving all that we know
Through the hardest of times
You put on a show
You made us stand tall
When all around us would fall
Even when you were alone
You believed you could fly

And one day we'll all sing along

Cause this is your song
I wrote it for you
It won't take all day
Just a minute or two
You were a friend
Walk with you till the end
And one day we'll all sing along
Cause this is your song

This is your song
Whoa, oh

Cause this is your song
I wrote it for you
It won't take all day
Just a minute or two
You were a friend
Walk with you till the end
And one day we'll all sing along

Cause this your song"

The three girls, of course, gave Rory a standing ovation. The rest of us gave him a round of applause as he slightly bowed.

"That was amazing!" said Ryder.

"It was!" Mr. Schue agreed. "Rory, you definitely have no lost your voice."

"Okay, he was good," Jake said. "But is he good enough to bring us to Nationals again?"

"Jake, what is your problem?" I asked.

"He's jealous that the new, cute Irish kid is getting all the girls' attention and he's not," Kitty said. "I say we take a vote. All in favor of Rory not joining?"

Jake was the only one to raise his hand. I really wanted to hit him.

"All opposed?"

The rest of the club, including Mr. Schue, raised their hands.

"Looks like Rory's joining," Mr. Schue announced, which was followed by applause by everyone. Well, everyone except Jake, but who cares about him at this point?

*********

A/N: A quick chapter just to introduce Rory back into Glee. Rory was my favorite character from season 3*