British Invasion

A week passed quickly and the newbies made themselves at home in the choir room. I wanted to become closer with Neil. He and I seemed to have a lot in common. Plus, Neil was new to Lima and didn't seem to have many friends, other than Jon. He and Jon became great friends right away.

Mr. Schue entered the choir room one day and grabbed three white board markers. The room watching in curiosity as he wrote BRITISH INVASION on the whiteboard in red, white and blue.

"British Invasion!" he announced. "The first assignment for this week will be for you guys to choose songs by British artists and perform them. Last year, we focused more on American and occasionally Canadian artists. This year, I'd like to go global."

"No more K-Pop!" Kitty groaned.

"K-Pop is cool!" Katherine argued.

"Yeah, but Psy isn't. I'm getting sick of hearing his songs. Gangnam Style is so old, Gentleman isn't even that good of a song and his new one with Snoop Dogg is just stupid," Kitty said.

"Anyways!" Mr. Schue said, bringing the conversation back to him. "I think this will be fun. There's a lot of great British artists out there."

"I call dibs on Ed Sheeran!" Brett exclaimed. "Ed Sheeran is my Ginger Jesus."

"You can't call dibs on a human, Brett. They're not objects," Candy said.

"Says little Mrs. 'Niall is mine'," Brett said and mimicked Candy's voice.

"Okay!" Mr. Schue said and clapped his hands, bringing the two out of their fight. "Anyone want to go first?"

"I'd like to," Ryder said and stood up. "This one is dedicated to my fiancée, Marcia Hales."

I smiled and blushed a little. Kitty turned to me and mouthed, "Fiancée?!". Oops. I forgot to tell her.

Ryder:

"My heart skip-skip-skip-skip-skip-skips a beat

I can see

You're not

Yourself

Even when you're here

With me

I know that you're some

Where else

So put another record on

Kiss and lead me on

Nothing really matters when we're dancing

Listen to the same sad song

Play it on repeat

Cause every time we come this close

My heart skip-skips a beat

So come on, spin me around

Now, I don't wanna go home

Cause when you hold me like this

You know, my heart skip-skips a beat

I know I should but I can't leave it alone

And when you hold me like this

That's when my heart skip-skips a beat"

I giggled as Ryder came over and pulled me out of my seat and up to dance with him.

Ryder:

"So hung up

We can't

Let go

If you really have

To leave