The Most Wonderful Time

The New Directions, along with the Alumni, were decorating the choir room for Christmas. It had been a month since the whole scene with Jake happened. It was pretty much forgotten, except for when we'd see Jake in the hallways and he'd just glare at us. Ryder told me that Jake even threw a slushie in his face and called him a "Lima Loser" even though the two were supposed to be best friends.

Mr. Schue had explained the whole thing to Puck, who said he would talk to his brother, although we all knew that probably wouldn't do as much as Puck hoped.

But, we were all in too good of a mood right now to even think about all of that. Because it was almost Christmas and it's hard to be brought down on Christmas!

Heather, especially was in a good mood. She had been humming to herself the whole day and you couldn't wipe the wide smile from her face, no matter what.

"Hey Heather," I said as we hung some tinsel from the walls. "What's got you in such a cheery mood?"

"I love Christmas!" she replied. "I mean, how can you not be happy around Christmas time?"

I chuckled. "I guess you're right."

This year was the first relatively normal Christmas I've had in two years. When I first moved, we had had our first Christmas without dad and it was a little upsetting, but I had just started dating Ryder and he really helped to keep me happy and keep my mind off of dad.

Then, last Christmas, I was about 3 or 4 months pregnant and mom and Kevin had gotten engaged, so it was also a pretty eventful Christmas.

This year, the only eventful thing going on was that Ryder was staying over as his parents were going away for Christmas and he wanted to spend Hudson's first Christmas with him.

"Of course I'm right," Heather said with a smile. "You know what they say about Christmas!"

Heather:
"It's the most wonderful time of the year
With the kids jingle belling
And everyone telling you
Be a good cheer
It's the most wonderful time of the year"

I laughed as Heather wrapped tinsel around my shoulders and spun me around before racing over to Marley, who was hanging ordainments on the tree that (surprisingly) Coach Sylvester helped Mr. Schue get.

Heather:
"It's the hap-happiest season of all
With those holiday greetings
And gay happy meetings
When friends come to call
It's the hap-happiest season of all"

Heather hung one of the ordainments from Marley's ear, causing Marley to laugh.

Heather (with the New Directions):
"There'll be parties for hosting
Marshmallows for toasting
And caroling out in the snow
There'll be scary ghost stories
And tales of the glories of
Christmases long, long ago

It's the most wonderful time of the year
There'll be much mistletoing
And hearts will be glowing
When loved ones are near
(It's the most wonderful time of the year)"

Rory held mistletoe over Mike and Heather as Heather leaned over Mike's shoulder to kiss his cheek. I laughed at how red my brother's face went.

Kitty, Marley, and Marcia:
"There'll be parties for hosting"

Mike, Ryder, and Rory:
"Marshmallows for toasting"

All Six:
"And caroling out in the snow"

Heather (with the New Directions):
"There'll be scary ghost stories
And tales of the glories of
Christmases long, long ago

It's the most wonderful time of the year
There'll be much mistletoing
And hearts will be glowing
When loved ones are near

It's the most wonderful time
(It's the most wonderful time
Oh, the most wonderful time
Of the year)"