Chapter 16-17

Chapter 16 Plague Warrior

  They will clean up every planet in Ultramar, and then radiate to other star fields of the empire, saving the human beings who are constantly sliding into the abyss, and preventing the fate of the human empire from demise.

  Countless war engines were activated amidst the mechanical priest's prayers, dragging a huge tail flame away from the starport and sailing toward the starry sky.

  The Geller force field of one after another battleship was activated and the huge hull was shrouded in a faint halo.

  The Geller force field is one of the important technologies for human beings to travel through subspace.

  This force field can effectively prevent the empire's ships from being corroded by the subspace, and prevent those inanimate hidden under the subspace tide from launching attacks on the ships.

  Guilliman's awakening and his crazy declaration of war have already attracted the attention of the gods.

   It is an unforgivable crime for a Primarch to dare to declare war on them.

   Their responses were equally simple and rude.

  The subspace boiled with the anger of the gods, and the raging sea of ​​ether set off a storm like a raging wave.

   The aether wave rolled and roared, and the storm of destruction was constantly attacking them.

  Arrogance turned into a turbulent whirlpool. Fury and desire fused into a frenzied storm, despair turned into a steep strait, and countless hungry demons were hidden on the cliffs.

  They waited for the empire's ships to reveal any flaws, to launch an attack.

  The bound navigators were soaked in the nutrient solution, and their arms and heads were connected to the ship's mechanical equipment with cables.

  They tried their best to use their third eyes to peek at the direction of the etheric ocean currents and command the sailing of the ships.

   Navigators are special existences with a history of tens of thousands of years.

  When humans entered the starry sky and initially colonized the Milky Way planets, Navigators appeared in the human world.

  During that golden age, a portion of humanity that first came into contact with the Warp underwent subtle genetic mutations.

  They are extremely sensitive to the energy flow of the subspace and can provide effective guidance and navigation for spaceships during subspace navigation.

   After transformation and optimization, such people become navigators.

  The navigator has a third eye implanted with cyber technology or a natural mutation.

  The third eye can check the etheric energy flow in the subspace, identify the direction, and most important use it to see the light of the astronomical torch.

  The Astronomican is an important lighthouse for the empire's subspace navigation. It was built by the Emperor during the Great Crusade and is currently maintained by the Astronomical Court.

  The sailing of the fleet is very dangerous. Even if he is mentally prepared, Guilliman is still afraid when facing the subspace storm.

  The light of the star torch is almost invisible and becomes very weak. The navigator must spend more energy to distinguish the route.

  The ships of the empire can no longer stay in the subspace for a long time like before and have to jump out of the subspace every once in a while.