Chapter Four

Daniel Seagar

Daniel Seagar.

I didn't see him again after that night. I thought he was just a fragment of my imagination that took over my thoughts in only a night. He was just unforgettable. His smile, his eyes, his hands...even his cologne- I wanted to see more.

"I'll see you soon Amelia."

I shook my head as I stared at the computer. We didn't even exchange numbers. How was he planning on seeing me again? What is wrong with me?

"Miss?" The young barista questioned, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Huh?" I questioned as the barista handed me my latte and sandwich. I really need to wake up or maybe I need a good slap.

I was surprised to have met a member of the Seagar Family. Not much is known about the family and its members, just that they were extremely wealthy.

I couldn't deny that I was attracted to him, but I was not ready to get hurt again. A millionaire like him wouldn't want anything to do with me anyway.

After my lunch break, I ran back to the office. I had to get back to my desk to finish up some work by this evening. I began to speed walk down the hall and hoped that no one would see me.

Just as I bent the corner for my office, I saw Robert coming towards me.

My heart sank a little. Did I do something wrong? If he wasn't such a tough boss, I wouldn't have to always feel so nervous around him. But as he approached me, he had a broad smile on his face.

"Miss Henry! Just the person I was looking for. Can I have a moment of your time?" Robert asked, gesturing for me to come into his office.

He wouldn't fire me after saying that right? My nerves were on edge, but I followed him in.

"What can I do for you, sir?" I asked tentatively.

"I just wanted to let you know that I received the documents you sent me this morning and they were excellent! You've done a fantastic job." He said.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I stayed up all night working on those papers. I couldn't help the smile that crept up on my face. I was thrilled to hear that they were appreciated.

"Thank you so much sir," I replied feeling a sense of relief wash over me. "I'm glad you thought they were good."

"You should be proud of yourself," Robert said, patting me on the back. "You see we just received a case from Natasha Gram, the owner of the Velvet Spoon," he said.

I've heard of that catering company before. I believe they're the company Abby hired last year for her twenty-sixth birthday party.

"I think you're the right person for this case." He explained.

I felt a surge of excitement at the thought of taking on a high-profile client like Natasha.

"I won't let you down," I said as I tried to keep my eagerness in check. I already began thinking of the research I needed to do.