News

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Y/n woke up early the next morning to the sound of the clock tower chiming, signaling the start of a new day. She stretched her arms and legs and blinked a few times as she adjusted to the light streaming in through the window. She glanced at her bedside table and saw that it was still early, but she knew she wouldn't be able to fall back asleep. She yawned and sat up, ready to start her day.

As she swung her legs over the side of the bed, she noticed a small envelope on her nightstand. Curiosity piqued, she picked it up and opened it, revealing a note inside.

She began to read letter,

Dear y/n,

I hope this letter finds you well. I wanted to reach out to you as soon as possible after what happened at the Three Broomsticks. I saw how Rookwood was heckling you and it worried me. I just wanted to check in and see how you're doing. If you need someone to talk to or just someone to be there for you. I'm here.

I was thinking that maybe we could meet up soon and chat. Meet me at the library after breakfast.

Take care,

Natty

Y/n felt a mix of emotions after reading Natty's letter. She is touched that her friend is looking out for her and cares about her well-being. At the same time, she felt a bit uneasy and anxious, knowing that Rookwood's actions have caught the attention of others and may cause more trouble. She also felt a sense of obligation to meet Natty and address her concerns.

Y/n quickly got dressed and grabbed her wand before heading out of her dorm room and into the common room. She scanned the room and spotted Willow sitting on the couch, reading a book.

"Hey, Willow," y/n said, walking over to her friend.

Willow looked up from her book and smiled at y/n. "Good morning! What's up?"

Y/n hesitated for a moment before explaining the situation to Willow and showing her the letter from Natsai.

"I was really hoping that the whole Rookwood situation would just go away." Y/n sat down on the couch curling up against the arm rest. "It seems like in the course of a few days, I've experienced more than what most people would experience in their entire lifetime."

Willow placed her hand on y/n's knee and caressed it with her thumb. "I know, I know. You'll get through it. In the short amount of time that I've known you, I'm certain you will."

Y/n locked her eyes on the fireplace, trying to process her thoughts.

"Well, until then, do you want to go start our day with a well rounded meal?" Willow suggested, y/n snapping out of her trance.

Y/n nodded and the two of them stood from the couch and headed out of the common room. Y/n and Willow walked side by side towards the Great Hall for breakfast. As they turned a corner, they passed by a group of Ravenclaws, and y/n noticed Willow's crush among them. Willow's cheeks turned bright red, and she started to fidget nervously.

Y/n couldn't resist teasing her friend. "Looks like someone's got a little crush," she teased, nudging Willow's shoulder playfully.

Willow let out a small laugh and rolled her eyes. "Yeah, yeah," she said, her voice tinged with embarrassment. "Can we please just go get some breakfast now?"

Y/n smiled and nodded, still amused by her friend's reaction. "Sure thing," she said, and they continued on their way to the Great Hall.

Y/n and Willow entered the Great Hall and made their way to the Slytherin table. They grabbed some food and sat down, chatting and laughing with their fellow housemates. The Hall was bustling with students from all houses, and there was a general sense of excitement and energy in the air. The aroma of freshly cooked food filled the room, and the clatter of plates and cutlery echoed around them. Y/n and Willow enjoyed their meal, savoring the taste of each bite, and soaking in the atmosphere of the Hall.