Prologue

On 1 September, 1890, y/n travelled to Hogwarts with Eleazar Fig and George Osric from London by carriage, where Osric presented Fig with a mysterious, seemingly unopenable box. However, y/n could see traces of ancient magic on the box and was able to open it simply by touching it, much to her surprise. Inside was a key. During their journey, the carriage was attacked by a dragon controlled by Ranrok's Loyalists. Fig and y/n grabbed onto the key, which was revealed to be a Portkey that brought them to some unidentified ruins.

The path around the ruins was protected by walls created with ancient magic, which as y/n was able to unlock, gave Eleazar correct suspicions that his student had unique abilities. Eventually, the two of them found a gateway that went to Gringotts Wizarding Bank, where they used the key to access Vault 12. After entering the vault, they were locked in, as the instructions given by Percival Rackham centuries ago had ordered the banker to do, and after completing various puzzles, eventually found their way to the heart of the vault, which contained a Pensieve.

The Pensieve showed a memory of Percival Rackham and Charles Rookwood discussing ancient magic that a future witch or wizard would eventually earn and master through the completion of the Keepers' trials. After viewing this memory, Ranrok, the leader of a goblin rebellion, burst through the doors, demanding what had been learned. Fig and y/n managed to escape through another gateway, this time to Hogwarts Castle, where y/n finally started the Sorting Ceremony.